I won't cry for yesterday...

"I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world, somehow I have to find.

And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world, I will learn to survive." - Duran Duran, 'Ordinary World'

Sometimes things go wrong, very wrong

Now the title may seem melodramatic. But it really has been like this. On a Thursday this has been my week so far:

  • Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues - flu
  • Weds - go back into work and sustain an injury
  • Thurs - take the day off work again due to back pain

Not really glamorous, right? And I'm going away for Friday and the weekend so no coding for me (unless I read my coding book, HTML & CSS: design and build websites - recommended with the course I am doing).

Nevertheless I have big news.

I have fallen in love with CSS!


That's right, in spite of the challenges, the trials, and the tribulations, I have managed to progress with my code!!!

  • I have finished off the HTML module
  • I have built lots of side projects around it
  • I GOT A 93% IN THE HTML ASSESSMENT!!!


I'm so happy - I just wish the course told me WHERE I had gone wrong so I could correct it. There were a few questions on content I'm sure I hadn't been shown before - I'm guessing those were those?

What I've Learned

I've been focused on learning and practising Semantic HTML.

Here are the main things I've learned:

  • The <mark></mark> element. It highlights text in yellow!!!
  • My absolute favourite of all time - the <details></details>element, containing the <summary></summary> element. 
    • Great for building FAQs - and I love them!
    • I read FAQs obsessively on every website lol.
  • The <time timedate="2022"></time> I think I got this right attribute!!!
All these 3 were OUTSIDE OF THE COURSE (it was an option to explore some more Semantic HTML as well and add them to your project).

But I learned so much within the actual course itself too!!!


My biggest question:


I'm still struggling to understand the difference between a <section> and an <article>?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing