Mid-Week Update

 Mid-Week Update + Codebar.io

It's the middle of a week and it's been a long one. It's hard work balancing coding with my work. But I am so lucky to have a passion that I love so much.

How could I ever complain?

I finished 2 modules of my Front-End course, 

  • Introduction to Front-End Engineer Career Path 
  • Overview of Web Development
I have now started work on - and am about 1/3 into - the 3rd module:
  • Fundamentals of HTML
I have learned a lot of things so I would like to pause to reflect here.

Firstly, I went to a workshop with Codebar.io last night. I had the most wonderful and amazing coach, Nitin. He was so kind and so patient, so thank you so so much Nitin for that!




(Also here is a picture of me 2 weeks ago at the previous codebar Brighton session, working with my previous coach, Mike!)

I'd started the HTML lesson before but we got stuck in together and we finished the first main unit and started the second one. (We are now both experts in Brown Bears, as this is what the course content covers).

Here are some of the main new functions I learned last night:
  • <br>
    • (I loved that one and I made lots of random breaks in webpages with it).
    • Also note that it has no closing bracket
  • <a> anchor </a>
    • Can also be combine with href="" hyperlink reference
    • Can also be combined with target="_blank" to open up the link in a new window (new tab these days)
  • <em> and <strong> - <em> (for emphasise!!!) makes the text italic and <strong> makes it bold
  • <span> separates text within a paragraph stylistically without physically separating it from the text.
  • <video> (+ src="", width="", height="", control!!!!!!! and </video>).

Ooof that's all my little brain can handle for today.

I just want to close on one more thing: I am hearing so many stories about women who changed their lives and turned their lives around through coding.

I cannot wait to be a part of this movement.

I already am a part of this movement.

Thank you.

P.S. My song of the day is most definitely this: https://open.spotify.com/track/5rTg7E3F5Tk7bKHooLOeZA?si=04aff8b19e404c4d

Or maybe this too: https://open.spotify.com/track/4esjLGGsbE96cAeCrsAbu7?si=8b24a40395db4cea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing