Son of the Blue Sky

Son of the Blue Sky

Or, in celebration of Polish rock music...

"Mm-mm, son of the blue sky..." - Wilki

Son of the Blue Sky is a song by one of the coolest Polish rock bands, Wilki (= Wolves/The Wolves). 

As a singer, let me tell you: there are few if any other songs, that it is so meaningful and so emotional for me to sing, especially the chorus bit. The fact that the English is, well, questionable at times, is forgivable. The subject matter of this song is really devastating if you read into it though. It breaks my heart a little bit every time I listen to it.

But that just doesn't detract from the sheer, total and utter beauty of this song.

And in a way it makes it more beautiful.

Album Artwork for Wilki - "Son of the Blue Sky"

This song is older than me and so I grew up with it. 

I always just remembered it and thought of it as one of the most beautiful songs ever.

Other amazing Polish rock songs I would recommend are Good Day My Angel by Myslovitz and Jolka, Jolka Pamietasz by Felicjan Andrzejczak, the latter of which I think would be on par with Stairway to Heaven if it had been written in English (but then it wouldn't be the masterpiece it is now anyway).💖

Catching Up On Absolutely Mountains of Coding Stuff

Lots and lots of stuff has been going on for me in the last few days, in spite of my busyness at work. Let me try to type all of this up.

Git with Adam

Adam and I went over Git today. It was a lot of fun. It was very, very fun, and I am so grateful to Adam for taking time out of his day to go over this with me. We set up a learning repository on GitHub for me and then we kind of like linked it to a folder on my computer.

What I really need to figure out is how to 
  • do practise bits of code on my PC
  • save them onto my PC using the command line
  • actually put them onto i.e. git push them onto my online repo so that I can have a record of all of my learnings and stuff.
I have to admit I can't remember how to do this all. We went through it all and it all made sense but I just can't remember it. I'm hoping to maybe go over this again with a senior colleague tomorrow (Artur if you're reading this then yes I do mean you 😂). Thank you.

Key Words

Okay so lots and lots of words are being thrown around at work and I don't really know what any of them mean. 

But I want to start making a list of them - a lot of these are just generic ideas that people are discussing but I want to keep a list of them in case I want to come back to any of them again at all. Okay so here goes:
  • feature library
  • feature development
  • component
  • button component
  • higher order components
  • custom functionality
  • array definition 
  • grid template rows
  • type safe
  • serialised data
  • putting CSS sizes in rem as opposed to px, something my colleague Mark has mentioned to me before
  • state management
  • jsx
  • component slots
  • chakrish

Codebar Workshop

I had a very eventful and extremely dramatic Codebar session last night. I'll try and write all about it tomorrow. 

I am very very much looking forward to travelling up to my head office tomorrow, meeting some of my colleagues who are extremely dear to me for the first time in person, and a couple of very exciting meetings that I have, where I hope to learn so much more about tech, and being the best possible software engineer that I can be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing