Aftertouch

Aftertouch

Aftertouch by Princess Chelsea is a magical, ethereal, supernatural, surreal song. 

I listened to it on my trip to Liverpool in 2022, while I was hoping and praying and dreaming for the successful outcome to my Product role interview. 

The music video is really something else too. The one thing I will say is - that it never had the same impact on me as the first time that I watched it. So pay very very close attention to your first watch!

I also really like how it's styled like a sort-of karaoke video. Princess Chelsea has no shortage of creative music videos - I'd like to talk some more about "Caution Repetitive" some time, in particular, especially.

Princess Chelsea "Aftertouch" - A clip from the music video.

Learning Dev Tools

Yesterday I started learning dev tools as a way of exploring CSS features in websites.

E.g. 
  • Going to the three dots menu on Chrome -> More tools -> Developer tools
  • And then going to the Elements tab from which you can select an element
  • And then going to Computed tab
  • And then selected the the part of the Box Model you want to see in that element
One nice little trick I learned is that it is often easier to go straight to the element you want to inspect and then to right-click inspect on that!

(Otherwise it can be a bit difficult to find the element you need within all of that HTML code!).

Other Dev Tools Things I Learned

Using the select by element tool, using the plus button to add a new CSS style, using the "Edit as HTML" tool to edit text (as well as just double-clicking on it...), and using the "Delete element" function. I had lots and lots of fun editing the NASA website and making up funny new titles for their news stories!!! Plus:

EVERYTHING. IS. PINK. 💃💖💃💖💃💖💃💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing