Til The Siren Comes Calling

Til The Siren Comes Calling

Siren Song is a song by the beautiful British singer Bat For Lashes. I am in love with all of the softness and the tenderness that is wrapped up in this song. 

I used to listen to Bat For Lashes a lot when I was living and studying in Liverpool. It all started with the song 'Daniel'. It came up as a YouTube recommendation for me and it completely changed my life.

I even went to see her live when I was living in Manchester the following year. 

Bat for Lashes has helped me so much with living with the struggles and pressures of being a young woman - I was mainly into her at 24 and 25, a time when so many things are uncertain and you are still trying to figure things out. I am getting back into her again now at 28 - what does that say about me now? Well actually probably the same thing - that I am growing, changing, and evolving. And that I need support along the way.

Like all people, I need support along the way.

And sometimes, music can be that support.

Album artwork for this album.

I Finished Rock Paper Scissors!!! 

I finished the last step all by myself, without any help from anyone, and so that makes me feel pretty proud. I also didn't use the hints section, and so that makes me feel pretty good. But wait, something was missing!!! I hadn't finished watching the video with Carlos. And I always learn something from him... So let me go away and do that very very quickly.

After

Actually, I found that that video just slowed me down. So maybe it's helpful when I am stuck or unclear on the concept. But, maybe it's not so helpful just for the sake of it? Anyway - Thank you.

Reflecting 

I still haven't moved onto Scope. 

I still haven't built the Sleep Debt Calculator, just yet. 

I still haven't Googled BFF patterns or why you should always test the unhappy path. But I HAVE finished my rock paper scissors project. I HAVE finally finished something off that I needed to be doing. 

And I have had one of the craziest weeks of a pretty crazy career. A lot has happened this week. And/or as Adam so beautifully put it: 

"Getting things done is better than leaving them unfinished". 

On Monday I may or may not have time to write a blog post - I'm swamped - but you can bet I'll be back for more soon with my SLEEP DEBT CALCULATOR in JavaScript.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing