An Apple And A Berry Plant Comes With A House

An Apple And A Berry Plant Comes With A House

'Triangle Walks' by Fever Ray is such a magical, fairy-tale song, and it has such a vibe. 

I listen to it once and I am immediately transported somewhere else, taken away. 

Again, similar to My Silver Lining I love the sort of anger and the rage that she seems to sing with. There is definitely some internal fire going on in there!

"On the grass/ Who is that/ To come by my house?".

100% fairy-tale vibes there. With some kind of tribal drums and beats going on. 

One More Amazing Quote From My Boss Today

"Tell me how you spend your time, and I'll tell you who you are".

If I spend all my time thinking about Engineering... does that make me an Engineer? What about if I spend all my time coding? And what about if I spend all my time trying to spread love?

array.splice()

Although it was important for me not to get too involved with diving deep into the array methods, this one has come up in the current project I'm working on for my course, so it's fair game. 

So in my desperation, I went onto YouTube. The video I watched said:

'The array.splice() method changes an array by removing  or replacing existing elements from it.'. Hmmm. 

I still understand NOTHING, so I went to the Codecademy documentation

"The .splice() method modifies an array by inserting, removing and/or replacing array elements then returning an array of removed elements". 

Chung to the rescue

I'm not going to lie, that array.splice() method nearly took me out. But luckily Chung was there to help me and he was quickly able to jump on a call. He really explained it to me so, so, so well - and he made it make so much sense, thank you!!!). 

so if I had to explain this horrible method it would be something like this:

arrayName.splice(indexOfTheElementYouWantToGoTo, numberOfElementsYouWantToDeleteIfAny, anyParamsYouWantToInsert, noReallyAnyNumber, likeYouCanInsertUnlimitedParamsIThink); 

Anyway long story short this thing now makes perfect sense to me, thank you. Thanks Chung!!!

Just to consolidate this I might play around with this method just a little bit now. 

But first - array.join() 

Array.join()

I thought this one sounded pretty intuitive and I was right. 

You put:

console.log(array.join(' ')); 

Where the thing in the second set of brackets is what you want the array to be connecting by - so each word or element - what they have that separates it - like this (' / ') or this (' + ') or (' , ').

ONTO LOOPS TOMORROW YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing