Been Burning All My Life, So Come And Set My House Alight

Been Burning All My Life, So Come And Set My House Alight

To quote Charlotte Gainsbourg, as usual:

"Yeah, come and stand, and see the sights, and warm your hands, and fan the flame inside of me,
Been burning all my life, so come and set my house alight, yeah come and set my spirit free". 

- Set Yourself On Fire

I am on fire. I am on fire. 

I am always on fire, as usual, as always. I knew all my life that I was meant to be doing something. I knew my whole life that I was meant to be doing something. I knew it always, always, always.

Now the thing is just that I have found it now. And I am doing it. I am doing it. I am doing it. I am doing it.

Now onto the loops

for...of loops and for...in loops

So my wonderful colleague Kareem, a software engineer at work, helped me out with for...of and for...in loops - hooray!

for...of loops are just like for loops you can iterate through any iterable including a string, array, set, and other stuff.

Except that you can only iterate through them incrementally.

You can't change how quickly you iterate through the iterable; you go through every element at least once.

for...in loops are like for...of loops in that they go through every thing - but you can think of them as like for objects instead 

Kareem said:

"I think once you get through objects, it will make sense what for...in loops do". 

Objects 

From my Codecademy course: 

"JavaScript loves objects!". 

Think of it like this - SUSANNA LOVES JAVASCRIPT!!!! - and JavaScript loves objects.

From my Codecademy coding learning course.

Seven Fundamental Data Types in JavaScript

  • string 
  • number
  • boolean 
  • null
  • undefined
  • symbol
these first 6 are primitive data types.

Then the 7th type is...
  • objects
And with it, we "open up our code to more complex possibilities".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing