Candles

Candles

Candles, by John Hopkins, is a song from my beloved Coding Mode playlist on Spotify. It is from the soundtrack of the 90's sci-fi TV show Monsters. The album artwork is a bit scary so have a beautiful picture that I found representing 'big numbers' instead. The song is really beautiful though and is what made me fall in love with this playlist straight away initially.

Coding Mode

Remember that list of CodePens I made yesterday? Yeah, I wasn't actually done. So since I wanted it amalgamated in one place all together then I'm going to copy and paste all of the relevant bits over from yesterday, and then add more. (It's my blog... I can do what I want on it). Here:

.forEach() and Anonymous Functions 

No.1: Array of Teas

No.2: Array of Fruits 


This was just a little quick exercise I did in Codecademy. 

.map()

No.1 Animals and Secret Message

No. 2 Big Numbers and Small Numbers

.filter()

Okay gonna go into a bit more detail here because from here it is all new, and was not posted yesterday already. Thank you! Thanks for bearing with me!

No.1 - .filter() on Numbers

Numbers Under 250 Array on CodePen

This one was a pretty hard one to break down. Because this is a pretty tough one I put in quite a long explanation. It is really helpful though. 

I am so grateful to my manager for helping me to find this amazing method for understanding how code works - thank you!!

No.2 - .filter() on Words

Favourite Words List Array (incl. Esoteric)

Not my favourite words per se! Just ones that were given to me by Codecademy. 

(I just really do like the word esoteric though - which is why I highlighted it above ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿ”ฎ)

.findIndex()

This is a good little one and I really liked it! I especially liked how if no element satisfies the condition of the callback function then it will return an index of -1. NOW THIS IS THE CRAZY SUPER COOL CODING STUFF THAT I SIGNED UP FOR. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™

No. 1 - .findIndex() on a specific string

Find the (Pink) Elephant in the Array! (I made the pink bit up myself). 

This one just uses indexing - and a conditional statement outside of curly braces which is so cool, lol - to match an item to a string, and to find it on an array, and to deliver its index. (Starting as always with 0).

No. 2 - .findIndex() to find the first letter of a string

Find the letter S (like S for Susanna ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ)

This one treats a string like an array.


Comments

  1. So glad to see your CodePen collection ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much my dear Rosana <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Great consistency game, great work and keep working ๐Ÿ™Œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing