Do My Words Run Dry

Do My Words Run Dry

I thought that my blog had been hacked! But it turns out that there was just some secret evil filter plugin on my MacBook - maybe from the previous owner or maybe someone at work had installed it as a prank or something. 

Either way - I'm glad it's over! I was scared that Susanna Codes was over. But not today!

This blog post title references 'Words' by Bayonne again. I love that song. 

I wasn't kidding when I said it was one of my favourite songs of all time, ever!

Bayonne concert poster.

Btw I have been listening to a lot a lot of Halcyon and On and On by Orbital. I realise it was used at the ending of Mean Girls, one of my favourite movies of all time! This song has the ultimate Happy Ending vibes.

And right now I need my happy ending. 

Trust me right now where I feel that I'm at in my life right now - I feel like I need my happy ending. So long may it be! And let it be with Halcyon and On and On...

Iterator Methods

.some()

I have made a CodePen on the .some() method and it is about 'words'.


It is partly that which inspired me to name this blog post after one of my favourite songs.

.every() and .filter()

Although I have already covered .filter() lots, I have never covered .every() before.

Choosing the right Iterator

It said in my course that there are two methods that I have learned about that would return a boolean value. These are .some() and .every()

Iterators Project - Grammer Checker

A few little thoughts... 

I forgot the .filter() method and how it works in spite of having done it 3 times in different CodePens - I got it wrong!!! .filter() puts the words you DO want in a new array. It does not take out the words you DON'T want out of the old and existing arraay.

.filter() is like putting your array through a factory processing machine - it comes out with a new array of only the elements of the old array you DO want to keep.

I forced myself to draw this diagram out to learn from the fact that I initially got this . filter() method wrong. 

Errors and Debugging

"Errors in your code aren't a bit thing, but rather an opportunity to learn" - Codecademy.

I just wanted to share this beautiful diagram from the course...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing