Just Hold On, We're Going Home

Just Hold On, We're Going Home

I have fallen in love with a song. It's called Hold On, We're Going Home and it's by Drake ft. Majid Jordan.

But it's the Nick Mulvey version that I'm obsessed with. 

It's got to be the Nick Mulvey version, I'm afraid.

Album artwork from the recording session - A man wearing headphones and playing the guitar

This song just gives me such a great big feeling of safety. 

It really does make me feel like I'm safe and it's all over. I really do get the feeling of being brought home and of being taken care of and of being cared for by someone while listening to this song.

It's beautiful. It's just beautiful.

I can't wait to listen to more of it.

P.S. I have recently rediscovered one of my old favourite songs, Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, and I definitely need to name my next blog post after that. If I don't name my next blog post Radioactive, then I am in Big Trouble with myself. And please tell me off. But I will name it Radioactive.

Loops

My boss and I decided that it was okay (and necessary and/or important) for me to revise loops. 

This was because I didn't have his very very wonderful and amazing technique of putting things on CodePen and /* COMMENTING OUT WHAT THEY DO */ which saved me and saved my coding journey and changed how I process things and CHANGED EVERYTHING!!! 

So we've agreed for me to take a couple of days to do this!

For Loops


I know really understand them really - I think - and I understand how they have three expressions. 

The diagram in my CodePen is really good. I had wanted to make my own but this one is so good, that I don't really feel like I need to...


This one will output logging 'Susanna is so awesome' to the console 100 times.

Looping In Reverse

Nice and simple - just like the above but backwards.


Now here I did something different - I mixed it up a bit. I put a for loop inside of a function body.

It's about a rocket ship!!! 


.reduce()

Wow, I UNDERSTOOD THE .REDUCE() METHOD TODAY!

Thank you so much to my wonderful mentor Chung for going through this with me. 


(I wanted to use some extreme numbers and maths).

And finally here's the Codecademy example.

It feels so good to have moved on!!! 🤗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing