Look How I Got This, Look How I Got This

Look How I Got This, Look How I Got This

from Lana del Rey, White Dress

I feel really sad today and I don't know why. 

I think it's because I'm so tired. We did a day in London of meetings yesterday. I got up at 5 am and got home at 1 am. It was a lot for me. Tiredness can definitely play with my emotions. 

Having said that I had a lovely and wonderful catch-up with a mentor today and I feel so new and refreshed. She really managed to refresh me and inspire me. I am so so grateful for this! I am so grateful for her and all the new techniques she brings to me and to my learning.

I really honestly don't know what I would have done without her!! 🤗

White Dress

White Dress by Lana del Rey is one of the softest and gentlest songs that I have ever heard. In the beginning I could barely even listen to it because it was so soft and so gentle. I almost found it too much. But then I finally let it in. Like all of the good things in life, I finally let it in. I am obsessed with that whole album Chemtrails Over The Country Club. 

It has my favourite song ever Yosemite on it and I love it so much. It's so soft and so gentle. The thing that we most need to make time for in this life and in this world imo. 

Softness and gentleness.

Often the thing that we most feel like we don't have time for is the thing that we need to make time and make space for.

Music video of White Dress by Lana del Rey

THE SCRIPT ELEMENT

General stuff

"Web programmers use JavaScript to make web pages dynamic and interactive".

"Frankly, without the <script> tag, websites would be unclickable and a bit boring."

Sequential scripts

"The HTML parser does not process the next element in the HTML file until it loads and executes the <script>  element, thus leading to a delay in load time and resulting in a poor user experience.

Additionally, scripts are loaded sequentially, so if one script depends on another script, they should be placed in that very order inside the HTML file".

Defer attribute

***

"The defer attribute specifies scripts should be executed after the HTML file is completely parsed".

***

"When is defer useful?

When a script contains functionality that requires interaction with the DOM, the defer attribute is the way to go. 

This way, it ensures that the entire HTML file has been parsed before the script is executed". 

I CREATED SOME CODEPENS

The one one the <script> tag:

The one on the src attribute and using it to link a JS file to an HTML file:

And another one here on the importance of placing scripts in the right order:
there we go

More on the defer attribute tomorrow or the day after!

Including a CodePen and when it should be used!!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing