Right Reasons

Right Reasons

Quoting Lana del Rey's Yosemite as usual - here we are again. I always try to do things for the right reasons. I always have done all my life.

As I got older I like to think that I am getting better at figuring out what these right reasons are - love and understanding - what ever you are doing, do it out of those.

Yosemite

Well, first of all, here is a picture of not Yosemite. Here is a picture of the Lac de Longemer.


It is another one of the lakes that I visited when I was nearly 15 and nearly 16 in France. And I just want to say this:

Whenever I lose motivation it comes back to me.
Somehow it comes back to me.

It emerges from deep, deep, deep within my essence.

Back To The Coding Jazz

The Async Attribute

What does the async attribute have IN COMMON with the defer attribute?

Both of them alternate from the default:

the default is that the browser will:

- parse the document in order
- parse all of the HTML up to the script
- then DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPT IN FULL when it encounters the script
- THEN RUN IT
- Then continue with parsing the rest of the HTML.

WHAT BOTH ASYNC AND DEFER CHANGE IS THIS: 

BOTH OF THEM CAUSE THE HTML PARSER TO CONTINUE TO PARSE THE REST OF THE HTML AS THE SCRIPT IS DOWNLOADED IN THE BACKGROUND.

However, whereas with the defer attribute, none of the script will be run until all of the HTML has parsed (very useful if your script relies on all of the HTML being there to run properly), with the async attribute the script will not wait until the entire page is parsed: it will execute immediately after it has been downloaded. 

Here is the CodePen on this - thank goodness!!.



The only one that I have done from this next lesson because it's the only one that I wrote.

Isn't it cool how nothing here changes at all?

My enthusiasm has been inexhaustible. My enthusiasm has been unchangeable.

For- well, 

- 6.5 months since I started this blog
- 7.5 months since I made a commitment to software engineering
- 2.5 months since I started this job 
- 9.5 months since I first tried coding

My enthusiasm has been at 100%. I have had absolute non-stop passion. Now for the first time I feel tired. Maybe it's the thing I've been applying for (to be revealed). Maybe it's the day of meetings in London on Monday. 

Maybe I just need a break.

Maybe it's finishing that huge JS module and not quite recovering just yet.

For so many months now my enthusiasm has been unchangeable and inexhaustible. Today, for the very first time, someone else had to motivate me.

Today my colleague was the one who was pushing me to move forward. Maybe that is okay to have one time. 

Maybe that's okay to have just this once.

Maybe it's okay to have more than one time. 

And it's okay 

I feel motivated again now anyway. It only took me about five minutes. It's just that it even took me 5 minutes - and that is 5 minutes longer than usual. But what got me motivated again was Lana del Rey:

"And we won't stop dancing til we die."

And I won't stop dancing til I die.

And I won't stop dancing til I die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing