The Secret Staircase

The Secret Staircase

The secret staircase is a staircase that I have located at the very very back of my town. 

I spotted it from the Downs when I was hiking along them.

It feels so great to be outside again and hiking. 

A combination of injuries, illness and other factors in my life have meant that it has been months if not years since I have been able to do proper hiking especially beyond my home in Luxembourg.

So it has really meant the whole wide world for me to be able to go outside again.

Also, here's a picture of me at a Codebar.io coding workshop a few weeks ago. Soooo cool:



Some CodePens First

I FINALLY finished the one on Traversing the DOM.

I also finally FINISHED THIS ONE AT LAST WOOHOO. On styling an element.

The Secret Staircase

Here is the best image that I can find of it. 

Taken from Google maps.


It's beautiful - isn't it? Especially when seen from much higher up.

And the views from there are just ASTOUNDING.

DOM Events with JavaScript

After a specific event fires on a specific element in the DOM, an event handler function can be created to run as a response. 

I am currently learning about: event handler functions that modify and update DOM elements after an event fires. 

Basically, you can just think of it like this:
  1. AN EVENT IS FIRED OR TRIGGERED
  2. AN EVENT LISTENER IS LISTENING OUT FOR IT AND REACTS TO IT BEING TRIGGERED
  3. THE EVENT LISTENER calls an EVENT HANDLER FUNCTION WHICH executes code which "in a website, could change an element's color, text, and much more!".
Event handlers are crucial for creating interactive websites with JavaScript.

Some CodePens on DOM Events with JavaScript

Here's one on the .addEventListener() method.


Here's a CodePen on Adding Event Handlers




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing