The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby

The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby

'Rocky Mountain High', by John Denver

"He was born in the summer of his 27th year, 
Coming home to a place he'd never been before
He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
You might say he found a key for every door"

Funny, that's how I feel about my summer of my 28th year. I found coding. I found software engineering. And that was it. That was that. I know what it's like to "come home to a place you've never been before".

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado

The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake 

I have kind of had to drop everything and not in a bad way either.

I had to take two days out. I needed a break. My eyes were hurting. They were really sore. I also needed a break to process some personal stuff that was going on. I'm so glad things are better now.

I have come back so much stronger and feeling so much better. I have so much new motivation. Eyes are still struggling though. I need to get back to the office. 

What about the dropping everything?

Again, as part of a thing we are working on at work, I have been asked to complete a special project. So I have to leave all of my DOM stuff aside for now - apart from maybe in pairing sessions.

What have I got left to do for that?

  • I need to finish typing up the three codepens that were on my last post.
  • I need to finish the JavaScript and the DOM lesson.
  • I need to write up the CodePens from before AND AFTER those 3. 
  • Then there's a quiz and a video I need to watch...
  • And then the next lesson is on Event Listening and then on HTML forms

Note to self: I did two more lessons and basically completed the lesson. Need to write up last two codepens on those and review the summary...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing