White Dress

White Dress

From Yosemite to White Dress

Today is my 100th blog post, and I would like to devote all of it to gratitude (although I am also very very busy working!).

Round about the time when I started my blog, give or take a week or so, I was listening to Lana del Rey on Spotify. 

I had just listened to Arcadia a few times and then Blue Banisters came on. And then Yosemite came on and I nearly skipped it. But I didn't - I forced myself to keep going for at least 30 seconds.

Yosemite went on to become my favourite song. I listened to it obsessively. Every time I felt like I needed motivation I would listen to this song and it would give me the motivation and the sense of purpose that I needed to keep on going. 

And for almost 6 months I ignored the rest of the album - Chemtrails Over The Country Club - someone told me that Yosemite was their favourite of the album anyway. 

But then in the May bank holidays...

I opened myself up and I opened my heart and I started listening to the whole album. 

Oh my god. It was so sweet. The softness and the gentleness. 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club is everything I don't normally make time for in my life. Softness. Gentleness. 

Rippling. I am so grateful for this album and for all of the beauty that it got me to open myself up to. 

All of the softness and the gentleness that it got me to let in. It has been life-changing.

The American flag is so symbolic to me and it means so much. Lana del Rey also uses it all the time in her lyrics, videos and photos.

Gratitude to Rosana

What a beautiful beautiful coincidence that I should have a meeting with Rosana on the day of my 100th blog post. They were the one who got me to start this blog! And also the Front-End Engineer course. 

The blog got me noticed and then hired. The course is what was pretty much my day job as well as participating in team ceremonies as well right up until I started on this secret project - more to be disclosed. 

Sounds Like You've Found Your Place

I reached out to my former manager from customer services and told him about my top-secret coding project. He said to me

"Sounds like you've found your place".

Sounds like I have!

"You're the best pilot we ever had".

WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE ALL HOPE THE INTERSTELLAR THEME CAME ON. 'Day One' - right from that scene when he talks to Michael Cain.

I want to wax lyrical about the journey but I am too tired from coding all day and my head is too full of coding. 

And do you know what? That is when you know that the journey has WORKED.

That is how you know that I have achieved what I set out to do. 

Everything is so beautiful.

Can't You See Me, For Me (Part 4)

My name is Susanna. I like coding and I'm here to code.

Here's to 100 more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing