I'll Do It For The Right Reasons

I'll Do It For The Right Reasons

(I'm quoting Yosemite by Lana del Rey for the title of this blog - if you've read it before, you'll know how much I love it).

The bootcamp has brought me something that was missing before.

I am doing an apprenticeship in software engineering and it starts with a 3 month bootcamp.

The bootcamp has really brought back my sense of purpose which I feel faded a bit for four months while I was training alone in teams full time (even though I was never alone - I had loads of wonderful senior engineers pairing with me). 

But my sense of purpose which was constantly there when I was trying to get hired is back.

The 'national park' emoji on Apple - Yosemite!!! 

Visions

I have a couple of visions and I would like to share them.

These are normally quite private and I normally don't share.

Vision No.1: Ernster

Ernster is the village that I grew up in in Luxembourg.

There is a wind farm next to it now.

I don't know when it was built but it feels like it has always been there.

I think of it often. 

It inspires me to no end. And it has an image for me which is the vision of my future: one that is in renewable energy.

One that is in renewable energy forever. Thanks. And there are lots of houses you can drive up to on the top of the hill in Ernster with the best view of the windfarms. And lots of them are modern and they have glass in them and they are kind of sort of like glass houses.

Vision No. 2: The Mysterious Hydroelectric Dam

The second vision is less of a specific place, and more abstract. It is the combination of a couple of places and geography book diagrams and a place I love, which is the Lac de La Lande in France.

It's like a mysterious vision, imaginary image, of a hydroelectric dam deep inside a hill or a mountain. And for some reason it represents softness and gentleness to me.

Why do all of these infrastructure things represent? 

I don't know why all of these things represent softness and gentleness to me. I don't know why.

But they do. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing