Fever Ray

Fever Ray

My favourite album of all time is 'Fever Ray' by Fever Ray.

I bet you didn't see that coming, huh?

Cows sitting on a green grassy field behind some houses on a hill, with a cloudy sky above them.
          Cows grazing on a hill near my house. Source: https://www.alltrails.com/en-gb/luxembourg/mersch/lintgen/forest

It all started with discovering one song from it in Uni - my friend from Jiu Jitsu was a fan and it wasn't until the pandemic or almost 8 years later that I fully fell in love with the whole album. I used to run around and dance around the my forested area while singing these songs. The album sounds like exactly how the forest feels.

Speaking of which I lost my old photos and I can't find photos that capture the forest near my house with the same intimacy my photos did and I think that is because almost no-one loves the forest back near my house like I do.

I miss it with all of my heart, so much it hurts.

All of my heart is breaking over it.

React Components

A React component's "job is often to render some HTML and re-render it when some data changes."

"It's useful to think of components as smaller pieces of our interface.

Combined, they are the building blocks that make up a React application".

Files in React

"In a React application, the App.js file is typically the top level of your application, and index.js is the entry point" - Codecademy.

I have no idea what this means, but nevermind.

Functional Components

"As we define our functional component, we can use it to create as many instances of that component as we want."

"Creating a JavaScript function is the way to declare a new functional component."

When you name a functional component - it has to start with a capital letter - and -it is typically written in PascalCase.

Props

This is a component passing information to another component. "Information that gets passed from one component to another is known as props. Props can be used to customise the outpit of each component depending on the information that is passed in. By allowing components to communicate with each other, we can add a level of flexibility not possible before."

"Props serve the same purpose for components as arguments do  for functions."

Another quote is:

"To take advantage of props, we need to pass information to a React component."



Here's another one:
"As you can see, to pass information to a component, you need a name for the information you want to pass."

This bit looks kind of important




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing