I forgot how much I loved to code

I forgot how much I loved to code

Note: I wrote this post on 4/9/23 and never shared it but loved it too much to delete it so I'm sharing it now

Sometimes I feel like crying because I just forget how much I love to code.

I sometimes have issues with my short-term memory for reasons I won't go into and it can make me forget what I love - or how much I love things. I know that that sounds crazy - but it is true.

I love coding so much that it hurts. I love React and JSX so much that it hurts. I love the logic and the sense and the patterns and the balance that it restores for me in the universe when I code.

Just doing this React right here right now has been so amazing for me.

JSX

Keys

Lists in JSX sometimes need to include something called keys. 

KEYS DON'T DO ANYTHING VISIBLE! And their values have to be unique.

"React uses them internally to keep track of lists. 

If you don't use keys when you're supposed to, React might accidentally scramble your list items into the wrong order."

From the lesson:


Also this is quite an interesting point:

React.createElement

This allows you to write React code without using JSX (but whyyy?).

This does not look like my idea of a good time. 

Sorry, not going into it at all. Here is a quick example:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing