I take your hands and you can take my mind

I take your hands and you can take my mind

"I take your hands and you can take my mind, 
Separately created but I know we can do better" - Bayonne, "I Know"


I love the live loop version of this so much. And in general, this is one of my favourite songs. I can just listen to it over and over again and again. I love the concept of thinking we are separate but we are actually not. Because we are all really truly connected after all. That is the reality.

Today's Blog Post Might have several different sections as it has been a busy busy day.

So please bear with me as it might be a bit long.

Section 1 = Routing

Section one will focus on my learning from my apprenticeship front-end module this morning, which was on routing.

Routing

"How can we incorporate different routes into our application, while still ensuring we dynamically render content as an SPA?" [SPA = sing page application].

Routing is what determines the how an application responds to a specific URL or path. 

Within a web application, users can navigate between different pages or views, thanks to routing.

What is routing?

"Routing is commonly used in frameworks and libraries to handle client-side navigation and manage the rendering of components or views based on the current URL". Thanks to routers, we can create more advanced and complex/complicated SPAs - also while making sure that we are only repainting the aspects of the VDOM that we need (or whatever it is that we are doing).

One More Time From The Video

"Routing is the process of determining how an application responds to a specific URL or path. 

It enables users to navigate between different pages or views within a web application.

Thing of routing as a map that guides users through different sections of an app. 

It helps us handle client-side navigation and manage the rendering of components or views based on the current URL."

React Routing

"React utilises third part services to handle client-side routing".

React & React Router

"In React, there is no built-in routing functionality. 

However, we can use external libraries like React Router. React Router provides a declarative way to define routes using components such as Router Provider, Link, and Outlet. These components allow us to map specific URLs to corresponding components and handle navigation between different views.

Once again, on routing: a summary

"Routing is the process of determining how an application responds to a specific URL or path.
It enables users to navigate between different pages or views within a web application."

"Routing is commonly used in frameworks and libraries to handle client-side navigation and manage the rendering of components or views BASED ON THE CURRENT URL".

(Btw. I hope no-one minds that I am copying this out at times verbatim from my course. It's because I can't read very well - it takes me a long time to process and understand things. 

The only way I can really read is by writing).

"React utilises third part services to handle client-side routing".

Section 2 = Work Study

I am performing a lot of self-study for work. Of course my work is confidential but I'm allowed to post about general programming concepts I learn here.

Immutability

If a method is immutable, then it returns a new instance of a class with any new desired changes you have made to the existing class and to its data - so it doesn't alter the existing instance of the class.

It creates a new instance of it. With passed data. Wow. Thank you.

I also did some work on "double precision columns" in PostgreSQL but it was very very technical and probably way above my own current level so I will leave it here for now.

Section 3 = Renewable Energy x Software Engineering

Exhausted! So I can't write so much. But here's some more:

What this latest article says on software engineering is this:
  • "Software development is a crucial component of the energy transition".
    • Surprise, surprise - I mean I knew this
    • But it's still so great to hear it everyday 😎😎
  • Examples it lists of how it can be helpful, although these are somewhat vague, include:
    • Cloud computing 
    • Data analytics
    • Smart solar technologies
      • And again not very all-encompassing - e.g. what about wind.
But it does link me to another very good article, which I have added to my list... 

To be honest this current article that I am reading right now is saying absolutely nothing. But I will continue reading it anyway.

It says an interesting thing at the end (I will come back to the last 3 middle bits tomorrow):

"The shift to renewable energy has already begun. However, still a lot of work needs to be done in terms of transitioning the energy generation and management technologies. A secret weapon is software-enabled solutions that are in the process of becoming increasingly powerful and cost-effective."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing