Never gonna make it

Never gonna make it

What does it say about me that one of my favourite song lyrics of all time is "Wasted on my patio/ Never gonna make it"? (From "Words" by Bayonne).

I know the feeling so well of feeling like I'm never going to amount to anything. I had a really really tough time in my teens and early 20s. Not least with dropping out of university but there was so much more going on as well. So I completely know the feeling of having messed everything up - even though now I realise that it was the furthest thing from the truth.


What is an endpoint?

This is a question I had for my team today: what is an endpoint?

According to a blog on the web, an "API endpoint is a digital location where an API receives requests about a specific resource on its server. In APIs, an endpoint is typically a uniform resource locator (URL) that provides the location of a resource on the server".

Just a quick note on APIs: "Upon receiving and validating the client's request, the API performs the requested action, then sends a response back to the client. This includes the status of the request (e.g., completed or denied) and any resources requested by the client.

APIs typically allow access to many different resources on a server. For example, a social network's API might let clients retrieve and modify post content, user profiles, and images. A news site's API will allow access to its article content, authors, and media like podcasts and videos."

Therefore: "how do clients specify which resources they want to access in their request?".

And: "the answer is by using the correct endpoint". 

"In their requests, clients specify an endpoint as a URL."

And then: 

"An endpoint is a component of an API" i.e. so they are not the same thing.

"AN API IS A SET OF RULES THAT ALLOW TWO APPLICATIONS TO SHARE RESOURCES.

ENDPOINTS ARE THE LOCATIONS OF THE RESOURCES."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing