Paris, Texas

Paris, Texas

This is a beautiful song by Lana del Rey although I am going to talk about this later on. I really feel like I need a lot of this kind of softness and gentleness and beauty.

I am struggling a lot to adapt to everything. It is really hard to be back in the workplace. It is so weird to be back after bootcamp and to come back to work. Luckily, we are working on a plan. 

We are working on a plan for how to structure my time.

We are working on a plan for how to use my time to balance my apprenticeship learning with my "at work" work, HOWEVER:

I got a really important pointer today and that's that it's ALL my work. It's ALL the SAME WORK. I mustn't view it as separate.

I mustn't view it as "sometimes I am doing apprenticeship work and sometimes I am doing work work." No. 

It is all the same job and it is all the same work. It is really helpful to see it this way.

And so having said that we are working on a plan for how I manage my time and etc.

So what is the plan for tomorrow?

So the main plan for tomorrow I believe is to focus on my apprenticeship work

UX Testing

This is my topic for next week and my main goal for tomorrow is to prepare for next week. So I had better focus on that and on that lesson tomorrow.

I still have other things I could be doing. 

E.g. like trying out React Bootstrap. Like building a project I am supposed to be doing for my courses. Like learning a bit more about State Management and Context. I still need to catch up on all of this somehow. And I don't know entirely how I am going to do it. I don't know what is the most urgent to do but keeping up with the current work seems the most important!

And for everything else?

Well I just have so much to be doing at work. I mean the main thing is to be catching up on my lessons right now. But there is pairing and then there is learning from the team as well. And there's a lot isn't there.

There's really really really a lot. And I have my side project: how can software engineering help with renewable energy? 

I need to be working on this one as well - because I want to be - because this is my main purpose in life.

And so why: Paris, Texas?

"When you know, you know
When you know, you know
It's time, it's time to go".

This is a song by Lana del Rey. 

It's from her latest album which all of my inspiration is coming from at the moment. I love this song. 

It's just so beautiful. It is such a beautiful song.

It samples a song called "I Wanted to Leave" by SYML. I want to listen to it. And then listen to the Lana song again. I wonder if the original song is as beautiful because it samples the whole thing.


Note: this post was written the day before (17th) but I got tired and forgot to post it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing