Can't You See Me, for Me (Part 2)

Can't You See Me, for Me (Part 2)

"Can't You See Me, For Me."

Dare to see me for me. I am quoting Weyes Blood again. Can't you see me who for I am. Dare to see me for who I am. Passionate. Obsessed. I love what I do.

I love what I do.

Passionate. Obsessed. On a Mission. "I hope you get to know me," she sings, in Cardamom Princess.

Can't you see me, for me? 💚

Can't you see me, for me?

I don't know how to be anyone else. I CAN'T be anyone else.

Can't you see me, for me? 💚💜💙🏞

Dare to see me, for me.

Green rays of a laser beam.
Some more lasers for you today

I love laser beams.

And so back to the Medium article...

Data-driven maintenance

So one of the issues around the grid is its maintenance. How funny because that came up a lot before with my previous research around hydropower and marine energy and software engineering, funny because I thought I was moving away and into something new with the smart grid but maybe it shows that it's so much more connected than I thought and I cannot really pivot away from one thing and into the other anyway.

Maintaining the grid

Grid assets need to be maintained and they need to be replaced. Work needs to be scheduled within the right time frames.

Managing data to do this

There is a lot of information that exists about the assets of the grid. However, in order to apply this information to complex prioritisation decisions, digital infrastructure is needed. Often, people are only able to access the relevant information in static reports, which are not dynamic, and cannot represent the data in formats which are visual, manipulable, and up to date.

Thus decisions are often made based on "common sense", like what is the oldest, or what has broken first.

"To move beyond the challenges facing the grid", information needs to be interconnected and reports need to be dynamic; information needs to be able to be accessed and manipulable; think like a Looker dashboard; one would want grid operators to be able to access and play around with the data that is available to them in order that it may be in a format that is useful to them.

Grid operators need to be able to view their data in its entirety, and to be able to access a risk scoring system that allows them to prioritise how they will use their investments. !!!!!!!!!! 

DATA WINS. This was one of the values at my old company, and I never really understood this or got this enough, but now I can see it. I can see it now.

Decisions driving maintenance operations

The decisions behind maintenance operations should be driven by risk scores and relevant information from other divisions of the company. 

At least that's what it says here - I guess that my question is always - and always, always will be - how do we provide the software to do this? How do provide the digital solutions to do this? How are we going to engineer this, how are we going to code this? 

And what do we build?

I guess that it talks about this below in this article. 

I need to get back to this tomorrow, or later. I am very very lucky to be able to follow this and I am very very passionate about what I do. 💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing