On the Nature of Daylight, part 2

On the Nature of Daylight, part 2

Something is not quite right. I am not quite happy with my life and this whole thing and how it is going.

I love code so so much. I love coding so so much. I love this so so much. I love electricity. I LOVE RENEWABLE ENERGY. I don't know how to be any other way.

Dr Louise Banks, in Arrival

I don't know how to be anyone else, than who I am. 

On inspiration and blog posts

I want to stay inspired. I want to stay very inspired. It is important to me to use inspiring content for my blog posts and therefore if something is not inspiring then I plan to discard it, no matter how relevant it may seem. 

Renewable Energy Innovations

According to this article, the deadline for decarbonising the grid is 2050. Wow - I really didn't realise it was so soon. This article talks about "renewable energy innovations". It says that they are happening quite fast. I wonder what they are. I wonder what they could be. And is it referring to hardware or to software innovations. Software innovations are the future of renewable energy after all. The article also mentions "opportunities and challenges for software development in the renewable energy industry." 

I hadn't thought about the challenges. That's so interesting. That's so cool. I didn't realise that they were there as well. A challenge is just another word for an opportunity after all. The article then goes on to list some of the potential software solutions engineering can provide to renewable energy:
  • Smart grid solutions
  • "Monitoring and intelligent analytics"...
  • "predictive maintenance" 
  • digital twins  - what on earth is that???!
Here is what the article says next - I am so, so excited for this bit: 

"Here are a few major applications and a detailed breakdown of how various technologies are used in hydropower, wind, solar, geothermal, and other sectors."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing