Popcorn

Popcorn

"Popcorn" by Gershon Kingsley was the first EDM hit of all time.

Be like "Popcorn" by Gershon Kingsley.

The first of your kind. The first of all time.

On Coding and Renewable Energy

I solved what feels like my first ever real coding problem at work this week. It feels so huge. And right now I feel like I love the backend. Building the frontend page was fun. But solving a problem in the backend like I did this week was so much cooler. And I guess that now what happens is I have to question my whole existence.

I am reading a very cool new interesting article

"The speed at which intermittent renewables - the sun doesn't always shine and the wind doesn't always blow - are coming on board is making it harder for European utilities to balance the grid."

It also says below "The grid, as large as it is, is also a delicate system where supply must match demand at all times or there's a risk of blackouts."

"In France, for example, strong winds in the north mixed with a sunny week on the Riviera in the south can lead to a surfeit of electricity that puts the balance at risk."

Are you kidding me? I didn't know. I didn't know that too much power on the grid can also mess things up. And I thought I knew anything about electricity! Here is the article. 

I will read more of this next week. And also: I would rather be naming every single blog post after a song on the interstellar soundtrack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing