Search your heart, search your soul, and when you find me there, you'll search no more

Search your heart, search your soul, and when you find me there, you'll search no more

"Search your heart, search your soul, and when you find me there, you'll search no more". - Brian Adams

I fell in love with this song while I was away on my meditation retreat but really I have always loved it anyway.

This song speaks volumes to me about my passion, and my love for what I do. 

"You can't tell me it's not worth trying for"

Reflecting on two of the strengths and potentials of digital software solutions in hydropower 🌊🌊

Monitoring equipment using sensors

One thing you can do with software engineering in hydropower is to monitor equipment using sensors. 

This can be done in real time and I guess it can be done remotely too then. Obviously. Software integrated with sensors can monitor vibration, temperature and pressure in a hydropower plant. If the software can promptly process incoming data, then it can provide instant real-time insights into the condition of the equipment. Therefore, it can tell us whether the equipment needs fixing or not. In a nutshell, software can be used for the real-time monitoring of hydropower equipment, letting us know if it is doing okay.

Predictive Maintenance

Software can be empowered with advanced algorithms. 

This software can analyse both historic and real-time sensor data. 

It predicts potential machinery failures by identifying patterns that precede breakdowns.

Basically the software can predict whether or not, or when, a machine is going to fail and this is done by looking at similar patterns in the hardware before, when it has failed, and then making its predictions based off of that. This is "predictive analysis of maintenance needs." This allows for action.

So it's about real-time monitoring and predictive insights. Wow, really. Wow.

I can't help it, there's nothing I want more

Than to keep on reading this Digiteum article.

Tomorrow/Monday/next time I will look at their actual predictions for software development needs in hydropower and marine energy. I CAN'T WAIT!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing