Second Sun, part II

Second Sun, part II

"Second Sun" by Nils Hoffman and Ben Bohmer has got to be one of my favourite all-time coding songs and electronic dance tracks.


💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

And today I tried to get into one of the remixes! It's giving me massive alt-j vibes.
Omg this is INSANE and it is really growing on me. I already know that I am going to LOVE this!!! 💜

I prefer the original though. Both the remix and the extended mix don't have my favourite bit of the song in them.

The electricity

I love it so so much. I love it more than I can ever say. I love it so so much. I love it more than I can ever say.

Hydropower and the Grid

I asked chat GPT to summarise some ideas about hydropower and the grid for me. Out of 10 points, I found 5 of them the most interesting. I don't want to copy Chat GPT verbatim but I do want to just get these 5 points out - and to find the key theme that they are focusing on. 

Here they are: 💜 💜
  1. Grid Stability and Flexibility
  2. Energy Storage Integration
  3. Demand Response and Load Balancing
  4. Communication Infrastructure
  5. Grid Resilience
I would like to analyse them one by one. For now I will be quoting Chat GPT verbatim but this is only to get the overview. 

Please bear with me.

Grid Stability and Flexibility

Smart grid technologies enhance the stability and flexibility of the overall power grid. Hydropower, being a renewable resource, can provide grid stability by adjusting output levels quickly in response to fluctuations in demand or supply from other sources.

Energy Storage Integration

Smart grids often involve energy storage solutions, and hydropower reservoirs can serve as a form of energy storage. 

Excess electricity generated during periods of low demand can be used to pump water into elevated reservoirs, and this stored energy can be released during peak demand, thus, this is how hydropower and renewable energy can play a role in smart grid integration.

Demand Response and Load Balancing

Hydropower plants integrated into smart grids can participate in demand response programs.

(Hmm what are those? Are they a being thing in smart grids? What about in renewable energy in general?).

Load balancing is improved by adjusting hydropower generation in real time to match varying electricity demand. Why do I find this so beautiful. I love this so so much oh my goodness.

Communication Infrastructure

High-speed communication networks enable seamless data exchange between hydropower facilities and the broader smart grid. Robust communication infrastructure is crucial for the successful integration of hydropower into smart grids. 

Grid Resilience

Hydropower's ability to respond quickly to changes in demand and its reliability contribute to the overall resilience of the smart grid. It can provide a stable source of power during fluctuations in renewable energy sources like wind and solar.

What am I interested in?

Based on these points, which are the ones that interest me the most, I am clearly interested in the smart grid; in flexibility and stability and storage integration and grid resilience.

It is absolutely crystal clear to me that I am interested in the smart grid; I am interested in how the grid can be flexible; I am interested in how the grid can be stable. I am interested in how the grid can store power and energy and electricity.

I am interested in how the grid can manage demand and respond to it. I am interested in how the grid can balance loads - indeed, I don't know what that is just yet, properly.

I am interested in how the grid can comunicate with energy facilities and with the rest of itself (the broader smart grid). 

And most of all, I am interested in grid resilience. 

I am interested in how the grid can be resilient. I am interested in how the grid can be stable during times of fluctuations and reliable - "withstanding all the time, changes, and seasons". Thank you. It is the great passion and the great love of my life, and the great great privilege, to be doing this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing