We Did It For Fun, We Did It For Free

We Did It For Fun, We Did It For Free

I will quite clearly never find the words for how much I love electricity.

I think a big part of why I've become a Software Engineer is so that I can better serve the electricity and renewable energy industries.

It's funny, because - I always knew that I was doing the software engineering, becoming a software engineer, for some kind of a higher purpose.


But I never thought or imagined that it would take me back and bring me back to my one original love, which was renewable energy. Electrcity.

Above is a picture of the Eakring national grid centre which is near my grandad's house, where I am staying right now. It is a perfect summarisation of what I love - or a part of it, anyway. 

There you are, in my heart, shine on

So I wanted to do just a bit more on the Digiteum article that I've been meaning to read for ages - but just to focus on my two (or two of my) favourite parts, before I progress with anything.

This is an experiment for me as I usually find it hard to not read the whole thing "perfectly".

Marine and Hydropower Energy Software Engineering Solutions

Hydropower is a historically important source of renewable energy.

It has been around for a long, long time.

It says here in this article that "hydropower generates more electricity than all other renewables combined and will likely lead through the 2030s". I didn't know that! Although my initial response was disbelief then it could indeed be the case. I LOVE HYDROPOWER! I LOVE HYDROELECTRICITY. So this is music to my ears.

"Digital solutions for hydropower and marine energy"

It seems tidal and wave energy solutions are being developed as well. Please note that this is not the same thing. As a qualified marine spatial planner, I reserve the right to say these things and it is my job as well! Tidal and wave energy are not the same thing.

These article also mentions "ocean thermal" energy - I have never heard of this before! How interesting, so interesting. 

Why Software is Needed

Hydropower and ocean energy projects - what do they need? THEY NEED: 
- VERY SPECIFIC SOFTWARE.

What do they need it for?
- FOR PLANNING.

What do they need it for again?
- FOR PLANNING, FOR OPERATIONS MONITORING, AND FOR PROACTIVE ASSET MANAGEMENT (??!).

Planning, operations monitoring, and proactive asset management.

WHO DO THEY NEED IT FOR? 

- HYDROPOWER COMPANIES
- MARINE AND TIDAL ENERGY STARTUPS OMG WOW WOW WOW SO COOL OMG WOW
- MARINE AND TIDAL RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS 
- GRID OPERATORS - OMG YAY - THAT'S ME - WELL MAYBE ONE DAY - HOW HOW HOW EXCITING, SO SO EXCITING. ❤️
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS.

"These solutions are tailored to their unique needs to optimise energy production, reduce operational costs, ensure regulatory compliance, and enhance sustainability efforts."

These are to, once again:
  • Optimise energy production
  • Reduce operational costs
  • Ensure regulatory compliance
  • Enhance sustainability effort
Wow this is so so so amazing. 
I love this so so so much.

I love this so much this is so amazing.

I love this oh my god oh my god.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing