The Mockingjay, part II

The Mockingjay, part II

Sometimes it can feel really hard to go on. Sometimes I feel like I put so much effort into something and I don't know why I do it and how I keep on going. I mean, you saw my post from last night. I know why I keep on doing what I am doing for the electricity - I mean, I just love electricity. And I love love love renewable energy and I love the renewable energy home transition.

I am still listening to "The Mockingjay" by James Newton Howard, from the Hunger Games Mockingjay: Part 1, on repeat. More on this below, and on why I find Katniss so powerful and inspirational, at the end. Because she is a superwoman. She is strong and powerful and she is brave and she believes in herself. And I also want to believe in myself and in my mission - because it is good work that I am doing here, and a good mission, and I have to really believe in it. 💖💖

And I struggle with positivity, and positive self-talk, and self-love - and so maybe this blog is a good place which to practise it in. Anyway, thanks!! 💖💖

As I continue to grow within myself - and continue to grow in my passion for and my belief in myself in software engineering and renewable energy. 💖💖💖

Continuing with the latest renwable energy/software engineering/smart grid article


We are going to need a "complete mindset shift in how the grid operates." We are going to need a complete mindset shift. 

A complete mindset shift.

Here's a sentence, that I don't really understand what it means. It's a beautiful sentence, but I don't really understand it. I don't really understand it. I am so so sorry.

"In an era of intermittent supply and increasing demand we need to shift from flexing supply to match demand to flexing demand to match supply."

"In an era of intermittent supply and increasing demand we need to shift from flexing supply to match demand to flexing demand to match supply."

"We need to create the back-bones for an inherently dynamic system, where demand can respond in real-time to supply - to do that, the billions of new devices need to be connected, aggregated, optimised and managed to achieve seamless interoperability."

And here is another great quote; this one is really good: 

"All the DERs coming online in the next decade, from EVs to heat pumps, smart thermostats and battery storage, have two main roles to play within the grid: their consumption patterns can be adjusted to match the availability of cheap supply and they can be used as battery storage systems for when energy is cheap and available and then dispatch it back to the grid when needed."

"EVs and DERs will play a crucial role in the future of the grid as they have the potential to become de-facto batteries, storing energy when generation is cheap and abundant and releasing it to the grid when demand peaks supply."

Let's have both of these last two quotes one more time, please.

That's:

"All the DER's coming online in the next decade, from EVs to heat pumps, smart thermostats and battery storage, have two main roles to play within the grid" their consumption patterns can be adjusted to match the availability of cheap supply and they can be used as battery storage systems for when energy is cheap and available and then dispatch it back to the grid when needed."

Wow. Wow. This is amazing. Thanks. Wow wow wow this is amazing thank you. I just can't believe how cool this is or how well this works.

And:

"EVs and DERs will play a crucial role in the future of the grid as they have the potential to becoem de-facto batteries, storing energy when generation is cheap and abundant and releasing it to the grid when demand peaks supply."

What is my own take on all of thus business, please?

I want to actually analyse this and write about my thoughts on this but this might have to be tomorrow's blog post; I have a lot of code to write. I'm so sorry! Thanks.

The Mockingjay

I love this picture of Katniss Everdeen, the Mockingjay, as played by Jennifer Lawrence, so so so much. I love it because of her strength and her power. She looks so strong and so powerful. I love it because I know what it feels like to feel like you have no power at all. I know what it feels like to feel utterly powerless.

And I refuse to apologise now for being strong and powerful. I feel strong and powerful. I know what my mission and goal is in life. I have this passion and I have this purpose. I have this talent. Now let me use it. Thank you.

A woman dressed in black like a warrior, with a bow and arrow kit on her back, stares ahead looking determined. Her stances is upright and firm, like that of a solider. She stands in a courtyard.
Katniss Everdeen looking strong and powerful and determined and brave.

What do I mean by my passion and what do I mean by my purpose? Well I just mean that I love, love, love the electricity, and the renewable energy.
And I am so lucky to be working as a software engineer in this field and to know that I am meant to be working in this way as well. Why? Because I love it. I absolutely love software engineering. But I also know that I am meant to be working in renewable energy as well - always. Why? Because I absolutely love it. I absolutely, absolutely love it. And that's how we know these things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing