The Mockingjay, Part III

The Mockingjay, Part III

Today is my last day of work before the holidays, and what a year it's been. I would like to reflect on it some more but maybe not today, as I am really super busy at this point. There is a lot going on and in terms of power I would like to think:

1. That I am super focused on my job, on my work with programming in renewable energy tech, and that I am incredibly focused on growing, and on moving forward the best way possible with it. I am doing it for the good of the planet, and I just really hope that this works.

2. On my blog - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE WHAT I DO. 


So for focus and for inspiration here's Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, the Mockingjay, looking incredibly strong and incredibly focused and incredibly powerful. Because who can do it, if not her. Because if she can do it, then so can I. I am still listening to that song from the 3rd Hunger Games' film's soundtrack (the Mockingjay) on repeat. You can go have a listen to it if you like - it's by James Newton Howard, the guy who compose all of the music for Harry Potter, I think. So let's be strong and powerful! Like Katniss.

Here's to being strong and powerful.

Coming back to the DERs and to their role within the grid and as two way electricity tools

 For today's electricity content I would like to reflect on DER's a bit; maybe just reflect on Chat GPT's summary that I got it to make of a sentence I didn't really understand last night. Here is the article the sentence was from; it's really good and I'm still working on it day by day, week by week - understanding it, analysing it, and processing it. The sentence is:

"All the DERs coming online in the next decade, from EVs to heat pumps, smart thermostats and battery storage, have two main roles to play within the grid: their consumption patterns can be adjusted to match the availability of cheap supply and they can be used as battery storage systems for when energy is cheap and available to then dispatch it back to the grid when needed."

And what Chat GPT has basically helped me to understand from this is that: DERs( EVs, Heat Pumps, Smart Thermostats, etc.) have the ability to do is to adjust how they use energy.

And So Summing Up One More Time... (Summary)

They can adapt their consumption patterns based on the grid. For example, when the price of electricity is low they can take electricity in and store it and then when the price of electricity goes back up again the homeowner can reap electricity back from it. They can be scheduled to perform their own tasks while the price of electricity is cheaper. They can align their electricity usage with times when it's cost effective. 

I still don't fully understand though - because EITHER the user will be feeding off of that well-stored electricity - OR it could be doing one more thing:

DER's can be used as battery storage systems FOR THE GRID. They can act as DYNAMIC BATTERY STORAGE.

When there is a lot of energy and it is cheaper, DERs can store the excess energy.

They can then therefore "utilise their capacity as a flexible energy reservoir." They can then return their stored energy back into the grid. They can release it back into the grid when there's a higher demand, therefore serving as a responsive solution during PEAK DEMAND or HIGHER ENERGY PRICES. 

A responsive solutions... A responsive solution... A responsive solution... what is this.

A DER can ACT DYNAMICALLY, RESPONDING TO THE GRID'S CHANGING NEEDS. Adjusting to them. It can help to ensure a balanced and a continuous energy supply.

TIME FOR XMAS HOLIDAYS BUT NOTE TO SELF I HAVE TWO THINGS TO WRITE ABOUT AT HOME TO DO. And may continue the blog posts - thank you. 💙💚🏞🏞


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing