The Mockingjay

The Mockingjay

I've been rewatching all the Hunger Games. It's my favourite. It's grown on me - whereas it upset me when it came out I'm on my 3rd rewatch at least and I now LOVE it. I love how strong and powerful Katniss is. She is so beautiful. Jennifer Lawrence is an icon. She is an absolute model for body positivity as well - just a normal, healthy woman in the media. She is so beautiful. I love her. "The Mockingjay" is a track from the movies. It is so beautiful and so, so powerful. I love Peeta Mellark too.

What a leading man. I am so happy that she chooses him over Gayle. (Spoilers!).

I love Peeta's strength.

The Mockingjay

"The Mockingjay" is a soundtrack from the 3rd movie. This picture is of the soundtrack from the second movie. 
However I loved the picture so so much. And this song is too beautiful not to name this post after.

I can't even tell you how I felt when I found out that there was an electricity district in the Hunger Games. District 5. When I found that out it was like my whole world lit up. It was like my whole world was on fire.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack album cover. Katniss Everdeen, the heroine of the series, a young woman with long brown hair, looks downwards while wearing a warrior's outfit, a bow and arrow set, and surrounded by a dark red background, fiery, simulating flames.

How do I know that it's always been the electricity for me?

I grew up in a world full of pylons.

I was born in tiny tiny little village (well in a city nearby, but I was raised there for 7 years); there was a substation you had to drive by to get in. Nowadays there are dozens and dozens of wind turbines in the vicinity. 

When I see them my heart lights up.

It is something else.

I feel as though I have never felt before. I feel something that I have never felt before. When I drive in to that village (or rather when my mother drives me in as I can't drive), I feel something else, as I have never felt before. 

When we drive to the top of the hill with my mother, to the top of a hill that is in that village, when I get out and I look at those wind turbines I feel something in my heart that I have never felt before. 

And that is why I do this.

That is why I do everything that I do.

That is why I'm a Software Engineer. That is why I work in Renewable Energy. Because when I look at the pylons and when I look at the wind turbines, then I feel something else. When I think of hydroelectricity or when I see a hydroelectric dam, then I feel something else.

A bit more...

When I see a wind turbine my whole world lights up and I can't even explain it. When I see a hydroelectric dam I feel and get so excited. Even just the thought of hydroelectricity gets me so excited. I love pictures of pylons. 

I have favourite pylons everywhere I go, even in my hometown in England. I have favourite pylons and wind turbines in all sorts of places. They always light me up. I love videos and films of pylons. And I love images symbolising interconnectivity and the grid. Pretty much every instance of electricity I see in real life excites me. But especially the big ones, like the big pylons, the big wind turbines, the big grids, and the big power stations. I can never let it go. Believe it or not, I have tried to. I can never let it go and I could never, ever do anything but this.

I don't know what I can say that is more than this. I love the look of a glass building when it is lit up at night from the inside. I love laser beams and neon lights and flashing lights. I love fairy lights so much. I love Christmas lights. No electrician has ever been able to fix the circuit in my bedroom back at home. I really do have some kind of a forcefield going on. And I loved putting people's power back on for them back when I worked in customer services in energy - but like really, really loved it. I once paid a taxi driver to drive me out for hours there and back again to go and see a dam. The place I want to revisit the most in the world again, The Lac de la Lande in the Vosges in France, is the site of a hydroelectric dam. I just love power and hydroelectricity.

When I did my first masters in marine planning I selected a dissertation topic so that I could look at pictures of offshore wind farms all day. That was my secret motivation. Even in Liverpool, the offshore wind turbines inspired me, and spoke to me. They inspired me, and they spoke to me.

When I get sad I stop being sad and then I look at the offshore wind farms instead.

It is the same with the offshore wind farms in Brighton. Whenever I see them my heart lights up. My whole heart lights up. It is as though my whole world lights up. My whole world lights up.

Driving down the motorway in Luxembourg which is very near to my little village which is also near the airport I love to drive past the pylons.

I love to drive past water towers and internet towers and phone towers.

And most of all perhaps, I like to drive past substations, and power stations. 

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing