You're in the wind, I'm in the water

You're in the wind, I'm in the water

I'm in the office super early today. I got up early and did my Wim Hof Method breathing and it feels so good. I can't even explain how powerful it is to me or how much of my life I feel I am getting back by doing it. And I have discovered the most awesome cover of any song, ever, at least in a long, long while.

On the song - you can think you know a song your whole life (well, a year, lol), and then you hear a cover and it brings out dozens of lyrics you've never heard before. This is what happened to me with Hayley Mary, who covered Lana del Rey's "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" for triple j's Like a Version. Best cover ever. You can watch it here.

A woman with short black hair and a black coat and golden coat stands looking emotional at a microphone. Text in white says "triple j, like a version, halyey mary".
Hayley Mary singing for Like a Version.

What did Michael Faraday do?

He did a lot of things of course. He was the Father of electromagnetism. Or whatever it is. I've probably said it wrong.

Wikipedia tells: "it was largely due to his efforts that electricity became practical for use in technology".

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE BABY SO DON'T GIVE UP

This is just another quote from the same Lana del Rey song. I can feel like I get things wrong sometimes. I don't log in early enough or I forget to do my morning routine properly (as in to run all the installs I am meant to run - I do do it but I am getting better at remembering to do it first thing) or I don't write my blog as soon in the day as I would like to as well sometimes.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE BABY SO DON'T GIVE UP.

Back to the DERs thing

forever.

Back to the Cecilia Manduca article: "All the DERs coming online in the next decade, from EVs to heat pumps, smart thermostats to battery storage, have two main roles to play within the grid: their consumption patterns can be adjusted to match the availability of cheap supply and they can be used as battery storage systems for when energy is cheap and available and then dispatch it back to the grdi when needed." So... Well, what this means is that:

There are two things we can rely on our DERs to do.

We can rely on them to: We can rely on our DERs to ALLOW US TO ADJUST THEIR CONSUMPTION. What do we want to adjust their consumption to do? Why do we want to do this? Well, you see... 

We want to be able to use DERs such that they are used as storage while the energy supply from the grid is low and they are used as batteries while the energy supply from the grid is high. 

Moreover, they can support the grid in the sense that they can store power and return it back to the grid when the demand is high and the supply is low. 

But how would that work? Would there be enough for the homeowner themselves? More on this tomorrow - thanks...

💜




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing