American

American

"American" by Lana del Rey is one of my favourite songs, ever ever ever. I remember buying a journal when I first visited Liverpool back in 2014, and I had to write down my favourite ever song lyrics.

"You make me crazy, you make me wild,
Just like a baby, spin me 'round like a child."

I could've never predicted that 10 years later this would still be on of my favourite songs.

So therefore, it's always worth trusting your instincts.

VΓ­t LuΕ‘tinec, Wikipedia

I love the American Flag so so much. In case you haven't realised after long enough of working with me and/or following me, it is a symbol of healing for me. Unfortunately, I can't say why. 🏈

AI Spotting Problems Prevents Them From Trickling Further Down The Line (And Prevents A Domino Effect).

Working on this article.

AI has the ability to "root out system malfunctions immediately," which can also help to "prevent a chain reaction". Okay let me try to say thing again please, in my own words, as always.

In my own words: AI can help to spot problems immediately with the grid system while they are happening.

This can help to prevent problems further down the line.

It can help to spot problems and to prevent them from trickling on down into problems from down the line, and prevent them from happening, while they are happening.

An Example of This

If one power plant fails, suddenly there will be an abrupt spike in the demand placed on other energy power plants. 

This would "slow down the generators" and decrease the frequency. 

The frequency of a power plant needs to be maintained, otherwise, "if the frequency sinks below a threshold value, the operator may be required to cut off section of the grid to maintain system stability." πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’™ 🏞🏞 🏞

AI can help to make "split-second decisions" which allow for "appropriate, fully-automated countermeasures to be taken". 

And in my own words again, please, Susanna

What does that last part mean, in my own words, again, please?

If a power plant fails then there is a risk of a knock-on effect, and then, that means that, an example of this, would be:

If one power plant goes down, then another one might have a SPIKE IN DEMAND and suddenly need to produce a lot more energy. 

This could slow it down and it might mean that it produces electricity at a lower frequency. Electricity needs to be maintained at a certain frequency to keep a balance. This frequency has to match that of household appliances, and of the electricity grid in general. Therefore, if a frequency then drops too low, that section of the grid might need to be cut off in order to maintain balance and stability.

AI can help us to make decisions in real-time, about things like this - and, in a matter of seconds.

And therefore, I can see that, AI could help us to play a huge role in maintaining grid stability and grid resilience - leading to grid reliability - and this is what I love - I love it so so much - I love it.

Why does it matter, to put things, "In my own words"? πŸ’–

Due to my neurodiversity, it can be quite hard to read things, to process things, to process information, and to put things "into my own words". But this is where the real learning happens.

So, when I write something down, and then write it down again, this is me trying to learn it - this is me just trying to process things, and to learn things.

But there comes a point when it is more helpful for me to try and process things for myself. 

Therefore, wherever possible, it is best for me to try and type things out, and process things, into "my own words". πŸ’– 🏞 🏞

A Review of Yesterday's Blog Post 

I just want to say one thing.

Not really a review. I just want to reflect on one thing, here.

Reflecting 🏞🏞

AI can be used to make predictions about the efficiency of assets - but most importantly of all, it can be used to make predictions about the efficiency of wind farms.

MOST INTERESTINGLY OF ALL, IT CAN BE USED TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT CAN INCREASE THE EFFIECIENCY OF WIND FARMS.

THEREFORE, AI CAN BE USED TO MAKE DATA-DRIVEN PREDICTIONS THAT CAN BE USED TO INCREASE THE EFFICIENCY OF WIND FARMS.

OMG. YES PLEASE. YES YES THANK YOU. OMG. ✨

THINGS I LOVE πŸ’–

  1. Grid stability and grid resilience
  2. Grid reliability
  3. Onshore wind farms
  4. Offshore wind farms
  5. Using AI to increase the efficiency of onshore and offshore wind farms
  6. Battery storage systems and solutions
I love my life and I love my life and I am absolutely so so grateful for it. Thank you. I am the "electricity girl". And I am so proud to be here. And I don't know how I got here. 

Thank you.

πŸ’–πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing