I'm Not Done

I'm Not Done

"One thing I know for certain, ooh I'm pretty sure,

It ain't over, I'm not done." - Fever Ray, I'm Not Done

I was profiled today by Silicon Brighton, in the most beautiful piece, in the most beautiful article in the world, but I don't want it to distract me from my focus - I don't want to distract it from my work at all - or to make me feel that my work is already done - but I don't think that it could do that or it will do that - 

Two pylons stand in the distance and are connected together by wires in a green field with a blue sky behind them and some trees.
A beautiful photo of some pylons from my friends in the Czech Republic, once again 💛

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

I just want to do a very quick post today, 

I learned two really interesting things yesterday.

1: The role of AI in renewable energies, and the need for other technologies in order to integrate them and use them to their peak

In order to use AI and renewable energy technologies to their peak, and the absolute superpower combination that they are when they are combined together 💙💜💚, they are going to have to be integrated with some of the other technologies that are out there.

After that, they will be able to do so much more. They will be able to do so much more than they are able to do now, and how knows how much further it could even go.

Examples of the other technologies that renewable energy and AI could and need to be integrated with:
  • The IoT (internet of things) - an interconnected network that is between physical objects, that are embedded with sensors, software and other technologies.
  • Sensors - sensors are tools that "detect and respond to type of input from the physical environment." They are quite huge and broad in their range - maybe they deserve a full blog post of their own - and maybe even tomorrow? Who knows.
  • Big data: I think this is where we work with huge amounts of data, like crazy amounts of detail, tiny tiny bits of information, which are way too much for the human mind. This brings us on nicely to my next point...
But just before that, I really want to say: integrating these tools with renewable energy and AI can really help us to maximise the potential of energy production, for example, and the reliability and efficiency of the grid. For energy security, there can be nothing better, and that is what we really want, really. That is what we really want. Thank you so much.

2: Why AI can do some things better than humans in renewable energy

The grid is "one of the most complex machines ever built." It "relied on split-second decisions to be made IN REAL TIME." Let us focus on the "in real time." Decisions for the grid need to be made HERE AND NOW. It is no use waiting a week to decide whether or not to turn on those extra wind turbines now. ELECTRICITY IS PRODUCED IN REAL TIME.

I repeat, ELECTRICITY IS PRODUCED IN REAL TIME. And thus, it requires real-time decisions to be made. Thank you.

And so, and thus, there is nothing more perfect for the electricity grid than AI. And the sooner that we realise this, and the sooner that we get there, the better. And the sooner that we get there, the sooner we can deliver the electrification and renewable energy transition that we need to achieve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing