Opening the Cypress App, part I

Opening the Cypress App, part I

Oh man. 

I am so far out of my comfort zone.


I have no idea what in the absolute fresh hell I am doing.

Screenshot of the "opening the app" section of the cypress documentation.
Screenshot of the web page I am currently on.

Somebody HALP ME PLEASE

Okay, so, what does this document even say?

I don't know. It's 4.28 pm. I have ADHD. I can't read. Chat GPT can you help me?

Chat GPT says:

  • This document guides you on starting your testing journey with Cypress.
I repeat, this document guides you on starting your testing journey with Cypress.

Covering topics such as:
  • launching Cypress 
  • launching Cypress FROM THE COMMAND LINE
  • Adding npm scripts for convenience
  • Adding npm scripts for convenienice
  • Understanding CLI tools
  • understanding CLI tools.
  • navigating the launchpad to choose testing types
  • navigating the launchpad to choose testing types.

And there's some more here

Wait!!! I'm not done.

What more is there here?

It says here that you can use the Launchpad, not only to CHOOSE TESTING TYPES, but also to CONFIGURE SETTINGS BEFORE INITIATING BROWSER TESTING. 

I repeat, you can use the launchpad not only to CHOOSE TESTING TYPES but to CONFIGURE SETTINGS BEFORE INITIATING BROWSER TESTING.

What does that last part mean? I don't know!!.

Okay, so that is the summary done. 

Now I'm ready to read the actual page, one bit at at a time. But maybe I need a slightly longer and more detailed summary first? Thanks.

Okay so, ACCORDING TO THE MORE DETAILED SUMMARY

It covers:

  • starting Cypress from the command line using either `npx` or `yarn`
  • with an empasis on enhancing clarity 
    • this is where I get lost
    • "with an emphasis on enhancing clarity by incorporating Cypress commands into the package.json file's scripts field. Okay sure yeah Chat GPT, yeah yeah yeah thanks, whatever.
    • "The document advocates for using descriptive and unambiguous script names, avoiding potential conflicts with Yarn." 
The working day has ended and I haven't even finished my second summary yet. Here is the full conversation with chat GPT. I will need to refer to it again tomorrow.

Plan of action for tomorrow a.m.: - finish the second summary (in a blog post), read the actual docs (in the same blog post), and then move on from there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing