Renewable Energy "Me Time"

Renewable Energy "Me Time"

Because my renewable energy time is my "me time". And my time when I write about my AI in the renewable energy transition research is the highlight of my day.

I love my research.

Picking Up On Where I Left Off Of Yesterday

So yesterday we were talking about how AI can be used to validate sources of data in the renewable energy industry.

There is a lot of open source data, but we cannot always be sure of how valid it is.

A lone pylon stands in a field connected by wires on either side.
Another beautiful Pylon photo from my friends living just outside of Prague in the Czech Republic. I love them so, so, so much.

AI can help us to save time and money, and increase efficiency, in the energy industry by helping us to validate all this data. For example AI can be trained in recognising wind turbines through image recognition. Then it can go through all of the coordinates of supposed wind farms and assess whether these are correct or not by matching all of the images of what is there to wind turbine recognition.

"The AI takes millions of sets of wind-turbine coordinates, and identifies which images and coordinates match up."

The AI takes millions of sets of wind-turbine coordinates, and identifies which images and coordinates match up.

I want to take this blog post and my last RE/AI blog post and sum them up in a mind map or a journal. And the LI post for the last post. Such is the way of life. Such is that way that it goes.

Trustworthy Data Retrieved From Image Recognition

Once we have verified using image recognition that the data is trustworthy, we can use it to ascertain the following information: 

Datasets detailing:
  • assets' grid connections
  • distance to nearest substation
  • existing power-generation assets in the area
  • indicators on the performance of these said assets.

I asked Chat GPT to write up the last bit of info into a poem

"In the realm of silicon and code, where fires of innovation burn bright,
A platform emerged, a knight for project managers' respite. With image's gaze, it gathers data's might, revealing assets' secrets in the digital night."

I asked it again

"From the wellsprings of trusty data, drawn by recognition of images fair, The platform unfolds datasets with meticulous care. Grid connections laid bare, to the nearest substation's keep, Power-generation assets revealed, secrets not to keep. Indicators whisper tales of performance, in the realm's digital air."

Sometimes you've got to ask Chat GPT twice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing