There you are, in my heart, all along

There you are, in my heart, all along

"There you are, in my heart, shine on.
There you are, in my heart, all along."

I am quoting my friend Alex Atwater, who is a wonderfully talented singer and musician. You can check him out on Instagram @thisluminousdarkness

A shell sculpture of a corn godess in a grotto. there is debate around weather it is a goddess or a canoe and paddle but the author sees a goddess in the picture
The Corn Goddess sculpture which I almost derailed my 1:1 this morning talking about today.

Learning lessons

Today brought with it an interesting lesson. 

I love to post updates and I love to share them with the team. But I also love ruthless efficiency. Make no mistake of it. I might seem sweet. I might seem cute. But really I am the most focused person in the world ever on the inside.

And the team is no exception. I want to ruthlessly contribute to that. And so in light of that I made myself exceptionally vulnerable today: I asked my PM and an Engineer on my team about the updates I was providing to the team. 

The consensus was clear:
  • Keep it short. Write out the ideas, And then break it down into headings so people can see what the topics are.
  • Ask myself - is this necessary - do the team need to know this? E.g. shout-outs could go in the shout-outs channel. Keep team updates relevant to what have I done today, what have I learned, what am I stuck on. And even then - is it worth sharing?
  • Learnings - this was a bit less clear. I guess that some of the guys in my team said that they read my blog and they know about learnings (WHAT? PEOPLE READ MY BLOG?). I didn't know this.
  • So maybe I will slowly pull Susanna Codes back to its roots a bit more - idk yet. I love to blog about renewable energy and AI and I still want that to be focused on LI posts.
  • SPREADING THE LOVE. I love to spread the love and tell the team how much they mean to me. And how grateful I am to them. There was a consensus:
    • It shouldn't take away from the important updates.
    • Too often is too much (I mean I disagree - my love is the same every day, haha, and it doesn't shrink or diminish. But I have to be mindful and respectful of the team that I am in. And if they say that it's too much, it's too much).
  • We talked about having "sharing the love" Fridays 🤣

Sharing the Love

We shall see how loving I am feeling every Friday 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing