You have to give it all in all your life, all the time.

You have to give it all in all your life, all the time.

"'Cause, little by little,
We gave you everything you ever dreamed of,
Little by little,
The wheels of your life have slowly fallen of,
Little by little, you have to give it all in all your life, and all the time,
I just ask myself why you're really here?" - Oasis, Little By Little

I performed this song with a group of my mates, Danny, Alex, Stephen, Thomas, and Andy, back in November, and it was a big success. I thought it was great to bring a female voice to it, and I was singing an octave higher. Maybe that's what I'm doing in tech. Singing an octave higher. I am usually the only woman in the "room", in nearly all of my meetings.

Don't higher notes make the songs more beautiful, if they are mixed in as well? Don't they make it more interesting? Isn't my voice valuable and doesn't it matter, in the beautiful beautiful world of renewable energy, in this mad mad world of tech?

Finally onto the part about the Grid Operators...

...finally

I am reading this article. It says here that:

"AI algorithms with vast amounts of weather data can ensure optimal use of power grids by adapting operations to the weather conditions at any time." 

One more time: 

"For grid operators, AI algorithms with vast amounts of weather data can ensure optimal use of power grids by adapting operations to the weather conditions at any time." 

Sorry, for this once, this is a rare thing, I am going to write out this quote one more time, please, thank you: 

"For grid operators, AI algorithms with vast amounts of weather data can ensure optimal use of power grids by adapting operations to the weather conditions at any time."

Moving on to the next part, please

"More accurate short-term forecasting can result in better unit commitment and increased dispatch efficiency, thereby improving reliability and reducing operating reserves needed." I'M SORRY SAY WHAT SORRY? "More accurate short-term forecasting can result in better unit commitment and increased dispatch efficiency, thereby improving reliability and reducing operating reserves needed." ARRRRRRGGH WHAT PLEASE SORRY? I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, what, please, sorry?

WHAT ON EARTH IS "UNIT COMMITMENT" AND WHAT ON EARTH IS "INCREASED DISPATCH EFFICIENCY"?

I feel like Harry Potter when he learns about all of the new terms in the wizarding world. Or like Ron Weasley when he learns and hears about muggle terms.

More accurate short-term forecasting can result in better unit commitment and increased dispatch efficiency, thereby improving reliability and reducing operating reserves needed. What on earth does any of this mean? What on earth does all of this mean? I don't know. 

I don't know.

Commenting on the above

Well I think it's safe to say that I understand nothing.

I think it's safe to say that these are two very new sentences for me.

I think it's safe to say that I will understand them both very soon. I think it's safe to say that with time I will process them soon and understand them. And this is the beginning.

This is the beginning. This is the beginning. This is the beginning.

This is the beginning. This is just the beginning. This is only the beginning.

This is the beginning. This is the beginning. This is just the start of the beginning. 

This is the beginning. This is the beginning. This is only the beginning.

This is the start of something new.

This is just the beginning

What do I think that the above two sentences are trying to say?

AI can help to adapt the operations of the grid to whatever weather conditions we have. For example, a lot of wind. Not much wind at all. Not much sunshine. Whatever the weather is, we need to learn to adapt the grid to it. And AI can help to do it. Therefore we can ensure the optimal usage of our power grids. Our grids can be adaptable. Flexible. Responsive.

Resilient. Furthermore, if we can increase our short-term energy prediction's forecasting's accuracy, we can
  • improve the reliability of the grid
  • reduce the reserves of back-up electricity that we need
  • increasing the efficiency of dispatches of renewable electricity
  • better unit commitment
But what on earth is unit commitment? What on earth is unit commitment? What on earth is unit commitment?!!??! I can't wait to find out. Maybe tomorrow.

A golden painting of an angel made up of lots of small squares of colour, similar to the style of Gustav Klimt.
Kontrola, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

I liked the last painting of the angel so so much that I think I might continue to use them on this blog. Maybe alternate them with the pylons.

Thanks everyone! Thanks so so much everyone! Thanks everyone, so, so, so, so much. For reading. And for everything else.

I can't wait for the next day, and for what tomorrow, and the next blog post, will bring. 

Thank you! 💜💛💚💙💙💙💙💙💜💙💜💙


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing