Dance The Night

Dance The Night

I LOVE the song "Dance the Night" by Dua Lipa. I always immediately feel immensely strong and powerful, the moment I start singing it. It's from the Barbie Movie. 

I just absolutely love Dua Lipa in general. To me she exudes strength, confidence, self-assurance and power. She's incredible. She is amazing. I love her. She is brilliant. Absolute goddess energy.

Strings in Python

So today on the train up to London, I have been doing strings in Python. So far so good and so similar to JavaScript; and/or so similar to LISTS in Python, which I have already done.

One of my former Senior Engineers has been mentoring me. He has been just absolutely saving my life. He is an expert in Python. We have agreed on what my next plan and course of action and strategy will be. 

He really, really helped me to understand slicing in Python - as well as to slowly understand list comprehension. He is so coooool! Thank you. I am so lucky to have a mentor like that while I search for my next job and opportunity.

in in Python (lol)

You can use the in keyword to check if a character is present in a string in Python - or indeed a whole sub-string. I am not sure if you can use it with lists too. 

You can even use it with and or and not to see if a letter or a substring is present in two or more strings in Python.

Me in a cafe in London last week - I'm back today and sitting and coding in the same one right now :)

String Methods OMG Nooo What Whyyy


Here are some of them...

String methods in Python all have the same syntax:

string_name.string_method(arguments) and therefore len() is NOT a string method.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing