No More Candle In The Wind

No More Candle In The Wind

Quoting my favourite song of all time: Yosemite by Lana del Rey.

No more candle in the wind. I am not a baby. I am not helpless or powerless or fragile.

I am strong and I am powerful. I am strong and I am powerful. I am strong and I am powerful. I am strong and I am powerful... and I am learning Django.

That's right. I finished Codecademy's basic Python course. And now it's time to learn Django.

A lake in the mountains on top of a bridge and a hill made of stones.
The Lac de La Lande in Vosges Mountains, France. Aged nearly 15 I stood on this bridge and felt the most powerful that I had ever felt in my life. This was the site of a hydroelectric dam so maybe that's probably why.

Questions About Django So Far

  • What is a view?
  • What is a URL conf?
  • What does include() do?
"Whenever Django encounters include(), it chops off whatever part of the URL matched up to that point and sends the remaining string to the included URLconf for further processing." ???!

"The idea behind include() is to make it easy to plug-and-play URLs. Since polls are in their own URLconf (polls/urls.py), they can be placed under “/polls/”, or under “/fun_polls/”, or under “/content/polls/”, or any other path root, and the app will still work."

Asking Chat GPT

Of course I got stuck...

So I asked my first ever Stack Overflow question:


Yes really! !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing