You Know I Left A Part Of Me Back In New York

You Know I Left A Part Of Me Back In New York

I love renewable energy and AI so, so much. I can never get enough of it.

So while I have stalled on my current article while it all gets a little bit overwhelming, and while I have a lot going on at work, and while I process this article, I wanted to watch a little video, which it might take me more than one day to watch also.


I don't know what happened with the font above but hey that's fun. 😼

What the video is saying so far:

"Machine learning [can be used] to boost renewable energy generation and reduce the costs of wind farms." I mean this is always always my favourite topic in the world... always.

Here are all the great quotes from the video

I watched nearly all the video so far. There were some cool quotes towards the end about the grid level but the really cool stuff was in the middle. 

I wrote it all down.

I should process it better but that might be another post. Here it is for now:

"For example in the renewable energy field, machine learning can be used to overcome the problem of intermittency by forecasting sunlight and airflow for solar and wind power much better than humans can do."

Yep, I've said this a lot on my blog.

We can forecast and plan for renewable energies like solar and wind power with AI, much better than we can with our own minds.

"It uses past weather data to provide accurate forecasting so that renewable energy supply companies can plan when to produce or augment energy generation. As a result, renewables can become reliable, affordable, and efficient. Machine learning can be also be used to improve renewable energy storage and identify the optimal layout and geographical location of solar and wind power plants."

Yep, yes, so machine learning can use past weather data to help us to forecast production. And as a result, energy generation companies know for example how many turbines to turn on or whether to use any of the expensive and unsustainable backup generation sources, such as coal or gas-powered electricity plants.

There is some more and there are some more good quotes on this, but it is time for me to stop. I need to write up a LinkedIn post and want to do a little scrapbooking on it. And most importantly of all I need to not overwhelm myself on it - I need to learn how to know when to stop so that I don't overwhelm myself. And it is good. I am doing a really good job of this. I am learning.

💖

On the blog post's title

Hoax by Taylor Swift. Released suddenly with no warning in 2020 during the pandemic, as part of the folklore album. That album changed my life forever. A lot of it just sounds like the forest where I am from. If the forest had a sound then it would be this album.

And the Hoax song and especially the bridge had so much healing energy wrapped up in it - and whenever the line that the blog post is named after comes up in that song - then it's always my favourite part. And I like to sing along to it. Loudly.

Loudly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing