You're the best pilot we ever had, part II

You're the best pilot we ever had, part II

I am learning Python like there's no tomorrow and hopefully I can soon reveal why.

I'm in the office learning it day in day out - that's right I still have access to my office space. Because it was an annexe office we have a contract that still lasts a bit longer. And so I'm learning Python in here. Every day. Like there's no tomorrow. I'm learning Python like there's no tomorrow.

I love electricity. The lights don't turn on for me. 

I turn on for the lights.

Python

I've been working on lists and there is a LOT to learn. The one that is messing with my head is len().

It goes like this:

len(mylist)

len(someotherlist)

Tuples

They are like lists but they are immutable. You can't change them. So you could do something like this:

susanna = ("Susanna", 29, "Renewable Energy Software Engineer")

You can also do some destructuring assignment:

name, age, occupation = susanna

print(name)

# Output: Susanna

and so on...

.zip()

AMONGST OTHER USES, zip can allow us to combine two arrays into a 2D array. 

I learned about this today, it was cool. You have to convert things back into a list though and the inner items on the list become tuples.

I'm onto for loops again now...

... I loved the joke about super duper nested loops in JS. Why stop at i or j when you can have iij or ijs...

I did a lot of loops in Python. I found list comprehensions really tough. They are new to me. 

It's all okay. I will learn them. I will get them.

Functions

I am starting functions in Python now.

Why did I ever end up in my office writing functions in Python at 8 pm on a Saturday night? Who even am I anymore? Why and what even is the purpose of my existence?

Still image from Moby's "Everloving" music video. Because why on earth not?

The syntax is so similar and the parameters are so similar too - I spent long enough breaking that down in JavaScript in January last year - I don't need to spend too long on this.

Here are the list methods I learned today:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing