How To Find The Magnitude of a Velocity Vector

How To Find The Magnitude of a Velocity Vector

How to find the total speed or MAGNITUDE of a velocity vector. Today I started my AI journey. Maybe I started it August 6th 2022 when I started my software engineering journey.

Today I finally caved and admitted to myself that I was LEARNING AI. So I started a free Linear Algebra course on Codecademy - ARRRRGH - regretting it already.

But the journey of a thousand miles begins at your feet. Late at night in a work office when I should've gone home.

Asking ChatGPT for help on understanding Codecademy's instructions.

Asking AI to help me with learning to write AI. Seems legit. So how DO you find the MAGNITUDE of a VELOCITY VECTOR?

HOW TO FIND THE MAGNITUDE OF A VELOCITY VECTOR

The formula is THE SQUARE ROOT of THE SUM of EACH OF THE VECTORS SQUARED.


This can be represented as such:

So the sum of v = (3, 2, 4) would be the square root of 3 squared plus 2 squared plus 4 squared so 9 + 4 + 16 = 29

The square root of 29 is... approximately 5.39

Or in another example:...



And then:

BASIC VECTOR OPERATIONS

I like to drink out of Starbucks plastic reusable cups... they are basic like me

Vector Addition and Subtraction

"Vectors can be added and subtracted from each other when they are of the same dimension (same number of components) (???!). Doing so ADDS or SUBTRACTS CORRESPONDING ELEMENTS - resulting in a new vector o the same dimension as the two being summed or subtracted. BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL VECTORS BEING ADDED AND SUBTRACTED TOGETHER 


"Vector addition is commutative, meaning the order of the terms does not matter. For example, we can say (a+b = b+a). Vector addition is also associative, meaning that (a + (b+c) = (a+b) + c).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

One song is over, another one in