On My One And Only New Year's Resolution

On My One And Only New Year's Resolution

I had one and one and only new year's resolution this year. And that was to say yes to whatever came up. And to see every aspect of software development as fascinating and exciting.

Sometimes unexpected things come up

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

In Spring 2018, my mother bought me a book

It was a book by a Buddhist author. I was busy reading another Buddhist book to try and solve all my problems.

I was so annoyed my mum had interrupted my flow. But the book my mum got me changed my life.

It changed my life forever. I was never the same person again. I opened up the door to my heart. I live a better life thanks to that book everyday.

Today I had plans at work to clone a repo and then research virtual environments.

Instead someone offered to pair and I learned from that person.

Sometimes changing our plans can make us feel like we are learning less, but we are actually just learning more.

Every day I want to grow so much as a software developer. Every day I want to grow so much as a software engineer. I just want to grow. Thank you. I just want to grow so much. I just feel like I have something big and beautiful to give to this world. And that is all I want to do with this thing.

And what was the book?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

One song is over, another one in