Alan Turing's Legacy

Alan Turing's Legacy

Alan Turing's Legacy is the name of a song from The Imitation Game's soundtrack. But it is also just true that his legacy still lives on. I remember him every day.

Last night, when I was buying computer science books in Foyles in London, I felt that he was with me.

I think it's true because I ended up in the WWII section while I was choosing them.

I feel that he is with me as I choose to learn AI.

In fact I feel that maybe he is the one who is telling me to do it. I feel that this is what he would've wanted me to do.

Learning SQL

I have started this course 3 times and now the joke's over. I need to get on with this for work and also I love it and I just want to learn.

But now it's the time.

ALTER TABLE

The ALTER TABLE statement "adds a new column to the table."

ALTER TABLE programmers

ADD COLUMN favourite_programming_languages TEXT;

PRIMARY KEY

PRIMARY KEY columns can be used to uniquely identify the row.

It means that if we try and insert another row with the same value then this will result in a constraint violation and the SQL will not allow us to do so.

This is because our Primary Key is a chronological way that we use to identify unique values in a database.

We can't have two items on the table with an  id of 1 because otherwise it will retrieve them both.

UNIQUE

UNQUE is like PRIMARY KEY only you can have more than one per table whereas PRIMARY KEY can only be the only one.

NOT NULL

NOT NULL columns must have a value.

Attempts to insert a row without a value will result in a CONSTRAINT VIOLATION and the new row will not be inserted. This means that a value MUST be specified for a particular ATTRIBUTE.

DEFAULT

DEFAULT columns take an additional argument that will be the assumed value for an inserted row if the new row does not specify a value for that column. 

IT IS JUST LIKE IN PYTHON OR IN JAVASCRIPT OMG

OMG OMG OMG

We have default arguments and parameters more! Interestingly these seem to come up more often in Python.

And this is what I have learned










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing