No Time For Caution, Part II

No Time For Caution, Part II

In the end, some things are inevitable.

Some things can't wait. Some things just have to be done straight away - not later, not now - immediately.

No Time For Caution

I have decided to do it. I am going to do it. I am going to incorporate AI and machine learning into my software engineering journey. 

It was going to happen eventually. It was going to happen one day.

So let it happen now.

Embarking on an AI and Machine Learning Course

So this is the plan.

This is obviously my side project and my hobby, although I do plan to be able to incorporate into my day job in the very near future as well. And it will hopefully help me to grow as a software engineer too, and to help me to grow and to improve in my Python learning.

So what is the plan then? Aside from my day job, and my 1-2-3 mentors, and the 2 new people that I am going to start mentoring (!!), and aside from all of the courses that I am going to be doing for my day job:
  • Building Web Apps with Django on Codecademy
  • Learn SQL on Codecademy (FINALLY)... 
  • Do those 2 parts of intermediate Python - function arguments and unit testing
Having spoken to my Lead it makes sense to do SQL first. It also makes sense to play around with querying Data in DBeaver but maybe I can do the course first. I find it hard to go off platform sometimes.

This can be a bit scary for me...

I was born to be an engineer

A dark room with bright neon lights.


So here are the two courses that I was thinking of working on for my AI and Machine Learning hobby (/new focus/project/mission, new career enhancement skill/journey). 💙💜

Firstly, there are two prerequisites that I would like to take from my foundational course.

My AI expert at my company where I work has recommended I take those (shout out to two amazing AI experts that I work with, thank you so much for all your help guys!). 💜

The two prerequisite courses:

They are both from "Data and Programming Foundations for AI":

Here is one of them:

"Python Pandas for ML/AI Engineers"


Here is the other one of them:

"Exploratory Data Analysis in Python"



"EDA" as it is apparently called is absolutely huge for AI/ML engineers.

I WAS BORN TO BE AN ENGINEER

And then this is the main course I want to take.

This is HUGE. 

Here is the main course I want to take:


My AI Lead also said that I could ask him any more questions I wanted to...

And apparently mathematics is a nice to have and not a need to have - just like most of the Intermediate Python 3 course - and so I will shelve it for now and work on my highest priorities.

So my work, SQL, Django, those 2 Python modules - and this stuff. My AI/ML courses.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing