Sometimes what you’re looking for is already there

Sometimes what you’re looking for is already there

The computer science section of Foyles in London is sacred to me.

I once woke up and knew I had to go there. I searched endlessly. Just when I was about to give up I found the perfect JavaScript book. It’s hard to believe the level and the depth of passion I felt at the beginning of my software engineering journey - and even still now. From the very beginning, it was all I ever wanted to talk to anyone about. I’ve been back to that section many times and bought and found several books there. 

They are always meaningful to me. 

“Effective Python” is a book that I was waiting until I was ready to buy.

On my birthday I felt ready.

My little sister got it for me as a gift. 

I love it. I mean look at it. It has the wind farms on it. The offshore wind farms.

I finally felt I reached a level Python where I am ready for it. This is so huge.

Sometimes we look for more.

Sometimes we think there is a fancy new book that is going to save us.

Sometimes the book that we need is on the shelf and waiting for us to buy it and has been there all along.

Stop waiting to buy your book. Buying my book for me means loving software engineering.

It means loving what I do and celebrating it every day - being a software engineer was the greatest dream of my life. Why not enjoy it? And keep on learning.

It means loving the pylons and the offshore wind farms and the phone and internet towers every day. And celebrating the fact that I love this. And enjoying it. Thank you.

And affirming it - I want to keep on affirming it. Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you. I am living my dream. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing