Every Single Thing I Touch Becomes Sick With Sadness

Every Single Thing I Touch Becomes Sick With Sadness

Firstly the title is a quote from a Taylor Swift song. Please do not worry. But it’s just the mood that I needed to capture in one of my blog posts. I guess I am quite worried about something tomorrow. I keep on getting stuck on this same thing. On the same aspects of ticketing omg. Basically what my next steps are:

I need to take the current ticket I am on and write up what I think the next steps are. I need to try and figure out - okay let me start again then:

I need to take a look at my current ticket. I am about halfway through. 

Step 1: I need to try and understand the instructions of what the rest of the ticket is telling me to do. 

I can use AI to help me to understand any sentences I don’t understand (story of my life…) and I can use my notebook and pen and lots of writing things out by hand to try and make sense of what the actual ask is for this task. If anything is still not clear then I can ask my colleague.

Step 2: I need to try and plan what the next steps of the ticket are. 

In future I will be doing this and the above step with the whole thing. 

Again I can use AI, chat with it (keeping it company agnostic of course - I’m good like that). To try and think about the technical implementation and bounce some ideas of it. This is especially good especially when you are learning I think. Of course the idea is not to need this but still it’s for now. And then once I have the steps written out;

Step 3, although I don’t know if we’ll have time for this this Tuesday given the nature of my meetings; would normally be to iterate over the steps with a colleague to make sure they are okay.

Step 4: use my notes to make sure I am keeping a clear and neat and concise set of instructions for any help that I get on my tickets

So any help that I get doesn’t just get lost in the ether 

It just gets consolidated and noted down in a really constructive way

A green image with grassy background and a neon frame and a big green splodge of paint. Text reads: you were bigger then the whole sky.

So I guess that this is what I am really just worried about tomorrow. Being able to implement steps one and two in the above. Because nothing means anything if I can’t find an accessible way to implement my tickets. And I can’t work with the planned route. Because my Python courses and my software engineering goals mean nothing if I can’t find a way to make ticketing more accessible to me. And now we have a plan so I just need to try it out tomorrow then thanks. I just have to remember to actually do ust then. Sorry sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I actually forget to do the most important stuff. So let’s hope I can take the plunge. It starts with: what I think the next steps here are is… and sometimes having the conversations with chat GPT can help.

And anyway I am not normally awake at this time. I can’t even explain. I have had a lot on my mind. And was doing some meditation thing that I got really into. London tomorrrow arrrgh. Should be a long one as it’s minimum two hours travel each way. But I’m looking forward to a team lunch, a thing I need to buy in a shop in London, maybe a coffee, eating out after work as I normally need to do that in London as the day is so long, and seeing all of my friends and colleagues whom I always look forward to seeing so, wow, so much.

I had a beautiful weekend with my dad in Kent too. Everything from fresh apples on trees to beating a guy in a medieval museum at his own game that he was demoing to witnessing the crowds and masses of people gathering around at a rubber duck race. All while gaining new inspo as always and getting loads and loads of fresh inspiration and ideas. And seeing loads of pylons.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing