I can fly with you, Part 2

I can fly with you, Part 2

Sometimes it can be a little bit hard to keep on going and to keep on being as motivated as I am right now. With all the motivation in the world, my days are long, and, in the words my close colleague, I face a lot of “barriers” that other people don’t face. But I also have a lot of passion that a lot of other people don’t have. So it all balances out I suppose. Because really what all always always keeps me going every day is love. What keeps me going is love.

If you are not motivated by love, then what are you even motivated by? Love for pylons. 

Love for wind farms. Love for hydroelectric dams. Love for software engineering. Love for growth. Love for my wonderful and beautiful colleagues. Love for people who will stay on a call after hours debugging with me. Love for people who will go out of their way to give me honest feedback. Love for my friends. Love for honest feedback and the power of this and the growth that this can lead to and bring. Love for God. Love for the magic and miraculousness that is this all. Love for the miracle that is software engineering. Love for the miracle that is my love of software engineering. Gratitude for this all. Because two years ago I had never written a line of code. And this whole thing is such a miracle oh wow wow wow omg. Every day I have a passion and an enthusiasm and such great gratitude to learn. Because I love hydroelectric dams. And I love water and electricity. Where the water meets electricity. Where the water meets electricity. 

Today I got a big message 

Stop procrastinating. 

Just do it. I spent a week procrastinating on an easy ticket. Because if you don’t do the really important stuff that’s hard then you will always find things to do. I was told this today. And it was brutal honest feedback. And it was the best feedback that I never ever received. Thank you.

A silver sparkly glittery image with hints of pink. Text reads: just do it.

I sometimes wonder how to get started. But “the most effective way to do it, is to do it,” as Amelia Earhart once said. And I’ve got to keep on going. Got to keep on going please. Thank you. Because the silver lining of some of my life experiences is that I have the passion and the strength and energy to keep on going - and I will never, never, never give up. Thank you. I won’t take the easy road. Won’t take the easy road, the easy road, the easy road (“show me my silver lining…”). ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing