Interlude: Reflecting on the Differences between Software Engineering Goals no.’s 3 & 4

Interlude: Reflecting on the Differences between Software Engineering Goals no.’s 3 & 4 

I am a bit stuck on writing up my fourth software engineering goal. It intersects quite closely with the third one. They are both still a part of the same thing. They both represent two parts of the same process. Goal three is about designing and architecting a solution when the feature request or problem is delivered to me.

Goal four is actually acting on this and implementing it. It’s about how much help I get. It’s about getting no help at all on smaller problems. It’s about getting some help on medium to large problems. It’s also about how much time I take. It’s about speeding up and doing things faster and getting better at solving problems with time. 

Especially over time. I want to be able to prove that I have become faster at solving a problem with time than I was beforehand. And it’s about having done it time and time over again. It’s about having a proven track record of just being able to smash things out very quickly. Like some of those legends who fix a bug in twenty minutes.

I need to add one thing to my last software engineering goals blog post btw. I need to add in the testing thing. 

Adding or writing a test should be so obvious that I shouldn’t need to be told to do it. Anyway. Yes yes. 

A rustic image with a golden frame. White pine cones and pale autumn colours. Text reads: trying to understand the differences between two similar software engineering goals.

Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing