I’m Little Red Riding Hood - And I’m Leaving The Forest

I’m Little Red Riding Hood - And I’m Leaving The Forest

Little Red Riding Hood HAS ONE JOB. She has to get through the woods to her grandmother. She has one path to follow. But the wolf comes along. The big bad wolf tries to distract her. How am I any different. I have one job. I have one fricking job. My job is to deliver software engineering tickets. And I can do them. I can do this. I can do them.

Even in an AI/ML team, I can do them. 

But then the big bad wolf comes along. The wolf has many names
  • Lack of confidence
  • Overworking
  • Being overtired from the night before
  • Thinking I don’t have enough experience 
  • Had a seizure last night and I feel tired (they are infinitely better and if I do things like resting, eating well and not drinking alcohol I am really in control)
  • Thinking I don’t know the steps
  • HOLDING MYSELF BACK
  • THINKING I AM NOT WORTHY OF THIS AND I DONT DESERVE THIS AND SO I SELF SABOTAGE MYSELF AND HOLD MYSELF BACK AND FAFF AND TAKE MORE NOTES THAN I NEED TO
  • WHEREAS IN ACTUAL FACT I SHOULD JUST START CODING
  • ACTUALLY JUST STARTING CODING IS MY WAY OUT OF THE WOODS
  • IT IS MY WAY OUT OF THE WOODS
  • ACTUALLY JUST STARTING CODING IS MY WAY OUT OF THE WOODS
  • IT IS MY WAY OUT OF THE WOODS
  • IT IS AMAZING IT IS AMAZING OMG
  • I AM AMAZING OMG
A dark forest and a rainbow sheen. Red and orange text reads how little red riding hood gets herself out of the forest

I was actually gonna say that her grandmother saves her. My grandmother has saved me. She told me to have a to do list in my mind every day

To wake up and make one


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing